Run crew position at The Wick Theatre, Boca Raton
A run crew member assists the Stage Management staff in completing a wide number and variety of responsibilities, which can be broken down into three primary categories: maintaining and repairing an scenic, sound or lighting equipment in The Wick Theatre building and at Costume World.
They will perform any duties related to a production, supporting the needs of the director, musical director and choreographer and Stage Management.
The run crew member will be punctual, professional and follow the guidelines set forth by The Wick Theatre, The Museum Club and Costume World. It is important that they are flexible, take and follow orders. Their problem-solving abilities should be presented in a collaborative manner. Because each production and the needs of The Wick Theatre, The Museum Club and Costume World are different specific responsibilities will change.
Expectations-including but not limited to:
- Help the Production Stage Manager tape out the floorplan.
- Work collaboratively with the Designer, Production Stage Manager and Props Department in regards to rehearsal props and furniture.
- Coordinate with the Wardrobe department in gaining rehearsal shoes, skirts, hats, etc. and assist in scheduling fittings.
- Help the Production Stage Manager with any needed clerical help.
- Help the Production Stage Manager ensure the stage or rehearsal space is ready for each rehearsal and performance. This could include sweeping, setting up furniture, set pieces, costumes and props.
- Assisting the ASM for spiking all scenic pieces and props in coordination with the director and the crew.
- Help the ASM insure everything is put away, sanitized and assist in contacting house management that the facility is locked up after rehearsals and/or performances.
Please respond to: Jobs@thewick.org
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: lighting, museum, performing arts, sound, and stage. States: Florida.