Full-Time Programming Assistant
The Programming Assistant is a vital role in the Programming Department. This person works for the Artistic Director to run the Programming Department, process artist contracts, sets up housing/travel and all related logistics, creates and maintains systems and policies to accomplish and support these goals in both Woodinville and Chicago. This position works in cooperation with Production Stage Manager, Costume Dept., Production Dept., Restaurant, Marketing, and Creative Teams.
Teatro ZinZanni is a big night out unlike any other, a three-hour whirlwind of international cirque, comedy and cabaret artists all served up with a five-course feast. An ever-evolving and constantly changing production, Teatro ZinZanni combines improv comedy, vaudeville revue, music, dance, cirque and sensuality into a dizzying and colorful new form that is never quite the same from evening to evening. The fast-paced action of the show unfolds above, around and even alongside the audience as they dine on a gourmet meal. Set in an antique jewel box tent imported from Belgium, our shows are currently running in Woodinville WA and Chicago, IL.
- Prepare deal memos and contracts for artists, musicians and creative team, including database input. Prepare welcome packages for artists upon arrival in prospective city.
- Send and track contract packages to artists. Follow up to ensure that all requested items are returned in a timely manner i.e. contract, measurement chart, PR materials, etc. and that all documents are disseminated to the appropriate department.
- Extrapolate unique contractual obligations and disseminate to appropriate departments; follow up to ensure they are being satisfied i.e. housing, parking, costuming, marketing, payroll, etc.
- Book all travel (airfares, ground) for artists to show ciities. Disseminate info to all necessary parties…i.e. production, costuming, marketing.
- Arranges housing and leases for artist housing
- Set up Utilities for artist housing
- Field all artist issues around housing.
- Interface with other departments (Costuming, Production, Marketing, Restaurant) to provide artists information as needed.
- Follow up with solicitations from artists upon receipt of act footage and give specific critiques when requested
- Track prospective artist avails and maintain artist database
- Organize and add material to comedy library for creative team use
- Provide act and show footage as needed to support creative team for changeovers
- Ongoing organization of the library system of artist footage used in the casting of the show
- Field all requests for updates to artist, musician and creative team contract language and Artist Handbook; edit as needed and distribute updates to all appropriate artists and staff.
- Field contract and policy/artist procedure questions from artists, musicians and staff
- Take care of artist needs from the start of the booking process thru to their leaving town at the end of their run.
- Be a friendly and helpful resource to the Artists, helping to answer questions and bringing their issues forward as needed.
- Maintaining a positive image for TZ; saying “No” without tarnishing a relationship.
- Assist Company Manager during changeover (switching out apartments, packing boxes etc.)
- Assist with Welcome Dinners
- Assist Artistic Director with other duties as assigned.
- Work to provide footage of shows as needed for changeovers.
- Burn/copy dvd’s of archived shows and act footage as needed for distribution to the Creative Team
- Maintain the artist database; data entry.
- Track prospective artist information including available acts, performance schedule, avails, etc.
- Additional administrative support as needed, filing, copying, etc.
- Support Artistic Director
- Work with Artistic Director on budget reforecasting efforts for the department
- Balance, review and update monthly expense on general ledger for budget line items, request reclasses, if needed, and meet with management regarding budget each month to ensure numbers are tracking toward end of year goals.
- Prepare artist/band payroll.
- Help develop Department Goals with Artistic Director
- Attend all meetings as appropriate
- A high degree of discretion is necessary for this position.
Desired skills, education and experience:
- Must enjoy being a communicator….strong writing skills, great face to face interaction skills. Ability to use telephone for direct contact, not just texting.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to define and implement effective structures and systems
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- Editing and Proofreading skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and team and consensus-building skills
- Honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic, good follow-through, and a sense of humor
- Ability to consistently implement several projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheet programs (particularly Excel and Microsoft Word. Must be practiced on an Apple Computer.
- Able to lift 50lb
- Valid Washington State drivers license
Works in a general office environment. Position is primarily sedentary; must be able to regularly use hands and fingers as with a computer; must be able to regularly speak and write in English; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Scheduling Expectations: Mon- Friday 9am-5pm and special events as necessary
Apply online: https://zinzanni.com/jobs/#Seattle
TZZ LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER DEDICATED TO A POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT (INCLUDING APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT) ON ANY BASIS INCLUDING RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION, PREGNANCY, VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES MAY BE ENTITLED TO REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION UNDER THE TERMS OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AND CERTAIN STATE OR LOCAL LAWS. A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IS A CHANGE IN THE WAY THINGS ARE NORMALLY DONE WHICH WILL ENSURE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT IMPOSING UNDUE HARDSHIP ON TZZ LLC. PLEASE CONTACT TZZ LLC IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION OR TO OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: assistant, management, performing arts, programming, and theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the Programming Assistant job: