Part-Time Program Coordinator
The Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) is a DC- and Hampton Roads-based nonprofit with a mission to reintegrate veterans, service members, and military families into their communities through the arts. We promote expression, skill-development, and camaraderie through classes, workshops, and performances across a variety of artistic disciplines. Our focus on consistent programs and partnerships ensures that members of our community have continuous opportunities for artistic and personal growth. Our approach provides participants with transferable life skills, a renewed sense of purpose, and improved well-being. At the same time, we strengthen ties between veterans and their communities through the arts.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
ASAP is seeking an an energetic hustler who can start immediately and can work 20-25 hours per week to support the coordination and execution of the organization’s programmatic initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, outgoing, mission-driven, even-keeled, flexible, highly-organized, and a quick learner. Qualified candidates must be based in the DC Metro Area and able to work evenings and weekends in support of the organization’s programs. A detailed overview of the role is included below:
- Program Coordination: Coordinate the scheduling and execution of ASAP’s classes, workshops, and performances with instructors, mentors, and volunteers.
- Program Communications: Communicate directly via email, phone, and in-person communications with applicants, participants, alumni, volunteers, mentors, and instructors to facilitate the planning and delivery of ASAP’s programs.
- Community Outreach: Initiate, build, and manage relationships with community partners – including veteran/military support organizations, the VA, DoD, colleges, and art organizations – to ensure high programmatic engagement.
- Program Administration: Execute all administrative tasks associated with ASAP’s classes, workshops, and performances.
- Internal Communications: Communicate responsively and respectfully with fellow team members to ensure the effective completion of projects and tasks.
RELEVANT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in the following is preferred: (a) project and/or program management; (b) operational planning and execution; (c) partnership development, execution, and management; and (d) volunteer recruiting and management.
- You must have advanced proficiency in Google Drive, Documents, Forms, and Calendar, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- You must be able to develop proficiency in Asana project management software, Slack communications software, MailChimp, Classy fundraising management platform, Eventbrite, Squarespace web development tools, and CRM platforms.
COMPENSATION & NEXT STEPS
Remuneration for the Program Coordinator role will be $25/hour for 20-25 hours per week of work. If you are interested in applying, please submit the following application materials via this link to be considered for the role:
- Statement of Interest of no more than 300 words explaining why you would be a fit for this opportunity; please do not send us a cover letter
- Writing sample of no more than three pages
We are looking to fill the role immediately. As such, we will be accepting applications and interviewing applicants on a rolling basis. If you would like to be considered, please submit your application materials as soon as possible.Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, education, entertainment, non-profit, and programs. States: DC.
Please Share the Program Coordinator job: