Production Coordinator for Performing Arts/Studio Technician
High Point University is seeking an experienced full-time Production Coordinator for the Performing Arts (Theater, Dance, and Music) and Arts/Studio Technician for the Department of Art and Graphic Design.
This position will be housed in the new School of Arts and Design. This is a joint position with a 75% focus on Production Coordinator and a 25% focus on Studio Technician responsibilities. This is a support position to help facilitate assist the Theater & Dance and Art & Graphic Design departments. must have production experience working in the Performing Arts. Some exposure to art materials and methods preferred.
- Minimum BA or BFA in Performing Arts field required; some exposure to art materials and methods preferred.
Experience and Training
- Production experience in the Performing Arts.
- Preferred experience includes weekly production meeting scheduling and record keeping and assisting technical theater faculty.
- Calendar creation and maintenance skills
- Ability to manage a departmental budget consisting of 10-12 budget lines
- Past work with rights organizations, contracts
- House Management experience.
- Preferred experience includes box office
- Work with usher staffing and student workers is preferred.
- Stage Management experience is ideal, but not required.
- University experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- General knowledge of office management techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong Internet skills. Knowledge of Datatel, Power Point. Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, with faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Graphic Design experience and keen eye for detail preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural questions.
- Ability to organize workflow, coordinate activities and prioritize workload.
- Ability to update Social Media pages.
(~75%) Production Coordinator for the Performing Arts Department:
- Assume House Management and Box Office Duties
- Assists in Program Design and Department Publicity
- Attend and Supervise Theater and Dance Performances.
- Manages ticket requests and accommodations
- Manages ushers
- Calendar Creation
- Works with Chairs and facility managers to create the season production calendar and schedule spaces
- Includes auditions, rehearsals, load ins, tech rehearsals, photo calls, performances, and department events.
- Production Rights
- Works with copyright holders and organizations to secure production rights
- Handles payments and correspondence
- Secures necessary scripts, scores, etc.
- Department Production Support
- Assists in creation of company assignment list
- Assists in administration and organization of student 1100 hours and records
- Mentor students, as needed and according to special skills
- Assist in gathering budget updates and reconciling production budgets.
- Attend Production Meetings
- Administer Professional Services agreements and contracts
- Interface with University Areas
- Helps ensure that spaces are properly booked and in good shape for University events
- Communicates any concerns, including safety
- Manage special show-specific needs with University [i.e. planning for reactions to staging and/or subject matter concerns]
- Attends Performing Arts Faculty Meetings
- Reports updates, responds to concerns
- Potential to mentor Stage Management students(based on experience)
(~25%) Studio Technician for the Department of Art & Graphic Design, who works with faculty to assure studios and materials are prepared for class; NASAD and OSHA standards are followed; and supervise students in the CIL workshop.
- Make and recycle clay
- Mix materials for darkroom and printmaking
- Prepare, store, organize studio materials
- Provide dedicated hours to supervise student work in the CIL
- Assure that all health and safety standards are followed in studio
- Reports directly to Department Chairs of Theater and Art and Graphic Design. Works closely with all faculty and staff of both Performing Arts and Art and Graphic Design.
Apply online: highpoint.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HighPoint
For additional questions regarding this position, please contact Doug Brown, Chair and Associate Professor of Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, graphic design, performing arts, and university. States: North Carolina.
Please Share the Production Coordinator for Performing Arts/Studio Technician job: