Part-Time Print Fellow
Wassaic Project seeks a part-time Print Fellow to live and work in Wassaic from May 2020 through October 2020.
The Print Fellow will manage our print shop, provide support for projects by artists-in-residence and visiting artists, and produce Wassaic Project promotional materials.
The Print Fellow will also work closely with ten artists in our Print Editions Program, and get to keep one print from each edition.
The Print Fellow will have an opportunity to work closely with a community of artists, and has 24-hour access to our print shop.
– MA preferred
– Proficiency in Photoshop, CMYK Color Separation, and other digital media
– Ability to work in a collaborative environment
– Familiarity with shop maintenance, transparency printing, and troubleshooting
– Experience providing instruction or guidance
– An interest in becoming a part of the Wassaic community
– An ability to live well with others
– $700/month on contract on payroll
– housing, private room in a shared house (value: $600/month)
– 24 hour access to the print shop and facilities as well as our wood shop and ceramics studio
– Semi-open, raw studio space in the Luther Barn
– One artist proof from every Print Edition artist. Past artists have included James Siena, William Powhida, Jennifer Dalton, and Molly Dilworth, among others.
– Weekly hours of technical support for artist residency program, including monthly Orientation
– Print WP festival merchandise: t-shirts, posters, tote bags, other items as needed
– Print Edition Program: edition prints and assist Visiting Artists with file preparation (no more than 2 per month)
– Assist with printmaking workshops for teens and adults (additional compensation)
– Daily walk-through, clean-up, and troubleshooting
– 10 work samples that show breadth of experience with a focus on technical skills related to screen-printing
– 10 images of your own artistic practice
– CV (pdf)
– 2 References
– Letter of intent that addresses:
- level of expertise with screen-printing
- working collaboratively with other artists in printmaking environment
- experience in print shop management (preferred but not required)
How to Apply
» Open-Call » Call for Artists!
Job Categories: Call for Artists!. Job Types: Part-Time. States: New York.
Please Share the Print Fellow job: