Patron Services Associate→ Houston, Texas, United States
• Position: Patron Services Associate
• Status: Exempt, full-time position
• Reports to: Patron Services Manager
• Location: Performing Arts Houston, Houston TX
• Salary: $38,000 to $42,000
• To Apply: Submit resume and email identifying interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Posted: Open until filled
• Position description: performingartshouston.org/about-us/work-with-us/
Performing Arts Houston is an equal opportunity employer – we value diversity. All are encouraged to apply. Strong candidates will work in alignment with Performing Arts Houston’s Mission and Values
The Patron Services Associate will be responsible for providing customer care to Performing Arts Houston buyers, donors, and the public. Primary duties include acting as Box Office Lead during administrative hours and showtimes and, as needed, act as the backup and co-Front of House manager on duty. Additionally, the position supports Sales, Marketing and Artist operations to include outreach to groups and other potential audiences, building patron emails and surveys, processing audience feedback and supporting artistic operations communications.
The Patron Services Associate reports directly to the Patron Services Manager, within the Marketing department.
The best suited candidates for Patron Services Associate are friendly and courteous, appreciative of live arts, and enjoy interacting with the public. Most performances occur in the Theater District, including Jones Hall, the Wortham Center, and the Hobby Center.
- Attend to sales and other transactions via phone, email, or in person during administrative hours and performances.
Attendance at most events is required, with an average workload of 40 hours per week. Schedule will fluctuate to accommodate performance schedule.
- Respond to audience member requests in a timely, courteous, and informed manner.
- Work with Performing Arts Houston staff, ushers, event staff, and partners to provide the highest level of customer service at events.
- Understand and clearly communicate policies and procedures to patrons.
- Maintain knowledge of upcoming performances, as well as loyalty and promotional offers available.
- Manage Box Office Will Call, including ticket printing and distribution.
- Accurately record, and share feedback and other reports from patrons, partners, and venue staff.
- Provide administrative support during office hours, include database support (e.g., list segmentation), phone support, preparation for performances, VIP experience, and more.
- Assist with management of ticket printers and ticket stock.
- Assist in building and reviewing pre- and post-show emails to ticket holders.
- Assist in creating and processing post-show summaries, including audience feedback and any incident reports.
- Assist with outbound sales (group sales, outbound calls, and cross-promotion).
- Assist with artistic communications, clearly communicating policies and needs between Performing Arts Houston staff and artist representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an authentic interest in interacting with others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in all situations. This position may have a moderate to extensive stress level associated with work with/within large crowds.
- Experience in customer service with Point-of-Sale systems.
- Responsive communicator, with good attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Experience in Microsoft Applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.). The willingness and ability to learn new applications is required. Performing Arts Houston uses the Spektrix CRM.
- Passion for and/or experience in the performing arts is a plus.
We’ve announced our 23/24 Season! There’s a lot to look forward to. Performing Arts Houston seeks to become a mirror for the cultures and creativity of our city, and a window to the wider world of live performing arts. For over 57 years, we’ve presented remarkable experiences in Houston’s theaters and venues.
How to Apply:
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Potential employees must pass a background check and provide proof of COVID vaccination and booster.
Applications will be accepted through email to email@example.com
Performing Arts Houston Provides: Excellent benefits package with company-paid medical, dental, disability and life insurance provided to employee after 30-day period. Medical and dental coverage for employee’s family members is available through company policies at the employee’s expense. 403(B) Plan with employer matching credits beginning after one year of service. Parking in Theater District parking provided by the company.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, box office, marketing, and performing arts. States: Texas.