Santa Fe Desert Chorale→ Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Reports to the Operations Director
Posted February 6, 2023
For Immediate Hire
Full Job Description (PDF)
The Operations Assistant is an integral member of staff, supporting the office and staff by maintaining office systems and equipment and assisting on a variety of projects, particularly box office and development. This position is ideal for someone eager to enter the non-profit, performing arts field, who wishes to expand their skill set at an established organization in a period of exciting growth. Reporting to the Operations Director, the Operations Assistant works closely with the Box Office Manager and has significant interaction with all members of staff.
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
In this role, you will
- Facilitate staff productivity and smooth office operations by
- Overseeing proper functioning and care of office equipment
- Maintaining accurate, complete files in a cloud-based system
- Replenishing and keeping an accurate inventory of office supplies
- Maintaining the office calendar
- Tracking and executing space request needs
- Ensuring office stays neat and organized
- Cultivate positive patron and community relationships by
- Taking ticket orders and donations over the phone and in person
- Working alongside the Box Office Manager at ticketed events
- Producing and mailing donation acknowledgement letters
- Assisting with various aspects of community engagement events
- Play a key role in communications by
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining office phone system
- Monitoring and answering general information email inbox and phone line
All Desert Chorale employees interface with the following platforms
- PatronManager CRM (customer relationship management) platform
- GMail, Google calendar, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Monday.com project and task management platform
Qualities we think will make you most successful in this role
- Professionalism, punctuality, discretion, and positive representation of the Chorale in all job functions
- Organized and process-oriented
- Collaborative and communicative; open and eager to learn and apply new skills
- Able to exercise patience and maintain composure and friendly demeanor in stressful situations
- Able to learn new software applications
- Basic understanding of the arts and music; interest in choral music a plus
Education and Qualifications:
Your experience matters, but we also know you are more than a degree and a resumé
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution preferred
- Prior experience in administrative role, office management, or closely related position/field preferred
- Facility in GSuite applications, particularly Google Docs and Sheets
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle with valid drivers’ license and move up to 30 pounds (up to 10 pounds frequently)
- In-person work and New Mexico residency is required. Relocation expenses up to $2,000 are reimbursable.
What to expect
Now in our 41st season, Santa Fe Desert Chorale is one of the top professional choirs in the country, producing a summer festival in July/early August and a winter season in December, as well as ad hoc events throughout the year. During peak seasons, all staff are expected to work evening and weekend events, in addition to daytime office hours. The Desert Chorale is committed to facilitating a reasonable work-life balance, and particularly during non-peak times of the year, more flexibility and occasional remote work are possible.
Our team prides itself on supporting one another, working collaboratively, and maintaining open lines of communication. This is a place to learn and grow, and each employee is allocated a budget for professional development.
- M-F, 40 hours/week; varying schedule during concert seasons
- Evening/weekend hours will be required during concert seasons, as well as throughout the year for special events
- $40,000-$43,000/year, commensurate with experience (full-time, exempt)
- Health benefits, including vision and dental, as well as disability insurance, with all premiums paid by Desert Chorale
- 15 vacation days, 8 sick days, plus 10 federal holidays and December 24-31 (8 days) off annually
- SIMPLE IRA plan matched at 3% (available following one year of employment)
submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Santa Fe Desert Chorale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, or other non-merit factor. As we grow, we maintain a commitment to cultivate an inclusive and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and valued.
Santa Fe Desert Chorale
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, assistant, choral, events, music, and non-profit. States: New Mexico.
Please Share the Operations Assistant job: