Creative Works is seeking a muralist/scenic painter. This position will operate within our paint department under the direction of the Paint Lead.
The ideal applicant is more than just a hobbyist or commercial house painter.
They are an artist at heart who is skilled at creating immersive environments and other worlds.
- Can understand and read a color chart and have a feel for the mix of colors and hues.
- Can work with large-scale pieces that require thought and ingenuity to paint such as large format murals or theater-like stage sets.
- Must be familiar with airbrushes and airless spray guns as well as other various tools and methods.
- Must have a team mentality, be able to contribute to group critiques, and give/receive constructive criticism well.
- Can easily move heavy objects around the shop as needed (50+ pounds) as well as stand, crouch, reach, and lift.
- Can paint faux finishes such as wood graining, marbleizing, aging, etc.
- Can airbrush or paint 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields and props.
- Has an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Has the ability to work productively and meet deadlines in an environment of change, creative process, and rigorous time management.
- Has a portfolio of work ready to show. (Candidate MUST have previous mural and large-scale painting experience.)
- Must be able to paint while on a scissor lift or ladder at various heights for hard-to-reach areas.
- Can maintain artistic cohesive consistency following the provided design plan and direction throughout each project.
- Will be required to travel to client locations throughout the USA and possibly abroad to perform onsite murals on a rotating basis with the entire Paint Department Team. Travel will be for 4-7 days at a time and all expenses are paid.
- Estimated travel time: 50% (one week on the road, one week in the shop is the estimated rotation during busy seasons)
Keys to success
- Strong time management skills
- Team mentality
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate logical reasoning and thoughtful insights when it comes to problem-solving
Pay & Benefits
- Job Type: Full-Time Hourly Non-Exempt (40-45 hours weekly)
- Hours: 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday -Thursday (Friday overtime is a possibility based on production timelines and deadlines)
- Salary: $18.50-20.00 per hour based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life, ancillary, & pet insurance coverage opportunities available
- Financial wellness program available
- 401K opportunities available (Standard Safe Harbor Match)
- Generous PTO Plan as well as paternity & maternity time and several paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Creative Works is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
If so, please provide an introductory letter to us to help us better understand who you are and why you would like to join our team as well as a resume and portfolio. Thank you!
How To Apply
Visit us online at thewoweffect.com/.
About Creative Works
We create powerful emotions and memories through immersive attractions. We are a full-service theme creator, prop builder, and attractions provider to theme parks, museums, family entertainment centers, restaurants, tourist attractions, and other venues. For over 23 years, we have brought ideas to life with a talented team of designers, sculptors, craftsmen, and artisans, and we are proud to have delivered the WOW Effect to a wide variety of destinations across the globe.
We were just recently named as one of INC 5000’s fastest-growing companies in America three times in a row and are in the top 60 here in Indiana. Inside our walls, you’ll find lots of creative people who are passionate about what they do and make. Every day is different with new challenges. We pride ourselves on creating an amazing culture where our employees can grow professionally and personally. Every company says this, but we can actually prove it!
Our team is one of the secrets of our success. We are artists, craftsmen, dreamers, and managers. Everyone brings something unique to the table and our collective passion, excitement, and attention to detail explain why we exceed our clients’ expectations time and again. We have high expectations for everyone on our team. It’s the only way we can deliver amazing products and services. Our team is passionate, hungry, and always striving for more.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: artist, arts, muralist, painting, and scenic. States: Indiana.
Please Share the Muralist/Scenic Painter job: