Full-Time Marketing Communications Manager
As the visual arts center at one of the world’s leading public research universities, the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) brings the rich artistic resources of the UC Berkeley campus to the broader public. BAMPFA’s mission is to inspire the imagination, ignite critical dialog, and activate community engagement through art, film, and other forms of creative expression. Through its collections, research resources, and programs, BAMPFA aspires to be locally connected and globally relevant.
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art, film, and other forms of creative expression. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for its active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources. BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future.
BAMPFA Program Guide
- Coordinates production, printing/posting, and distribution of Program Guide and related web presence and plans schedules and workflow for maximum timeliness, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Maintains editorial calendar and coordinates distribution of content throughout BAMPFA’s various communication channels.
- Acts as primary liaison between publications unit and web producer.
- Consults with web producer to develop program-related content for the BAMPFA website.
- In collaboration with relevant BAMPFA departments such as Development, strategically manages a publication portfolio, including content, scheduling, messaging, and tone.
- Routes emails for necessary approvals.
- Tracks metrics and provide regular reports to Director and collaborators.
- Writes monthly Art and Film Update and other e-publications.
- Consults with and advises BAMPFA staff regarding their marketing and communications needs.
- Works with BAMPFA departments to develop marketing strategies, tactics, and materials in support of the organizational goals and strategic plan.
Advertising and Marketing
- Participates in development of marketing and advertising campaigns, concepts, and tactics.
- Assists with development of advertising plans.
- Maintains and coordinates advertising schedules, space reservations, production and delivery of materials, and invoice processing.
- Coordinates distribution of posters, mailings, and other marketing materials.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads as needed public facing written materials.
- Maintains editorial style guide and brand standards.
Administration and Supervision
- Hires and supervises student workers.
- Manages student workers’ schedules, assigns projects, and reviews work.
- Serves as liaison with vendors such as publications to coordinate productions and distribution of materials, advertising placements, mailings, and invoice routing.
- Archives materials in final form (print, pdf, etc.)
- Obtains necessary image-use permissions, manages ISBN and CIP data for catalogs.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate editorial style and publication guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communications media, including digital and social media.
- Ability to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and the broader public, while ensuring adherence to BAMPFA’s message.
- Expertise in storytelling through a variety of print and digital media.
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn BAMPFA, including its mission, goals, achievements, infrastructure, programs, and policies.
- Knowledge of art and film history and criticism.
- Knowledge of computer applications for publishing, image handling, and web production.
- Thorough research and fact verification skills.
- Thorough interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills.
- Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong time- and project-management skills and ability to effectively prioritize work.
Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary and Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Application Review Date
The date of first review of applications is December 29, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Visit the UC Berkeley Jobs posting (Job ID 3542) to and follow the application process detailed on the website. To be considered, applications must be completed through the campus online website. Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, exhibition, film, human resources, manager, marketing, museum, and recruitment. States: California.
Please Share the Marketing Communications Manager job: