Marketing and Digital Engagement Associate
The Mark Morris Dance Group (MMDG) seeks a Marketing and Digital Engagement Associate to join a highly-motivated, results-oriented marketing team in advancing the reputation and brand visibility of Artistic Director/Choreographer Mark Morris and the touring Mark Morris Dance Group and Music Ensemble, as well as broadening the reach and deepening the engagement with key audiences through the organization’s education and community engagement programs. The Associate will help implement MMDG’s marketing and content strategy across owned, earned, and paid channels with a specific focus on social media and website management. This role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The successful candidate joins a community of kind and dedicated arts and administrative professionals who are propelled by Mark Morris’s commitment to artistic excellence, access to the arts, and the impact that the arts have in connecting and engaging communities. MMDG is committed to ongoing and sustained equity and inclusion work. All staff are expected to be actively engaged and dedicated to upholding our core values: celebrating our diverse community, pursuing excellence in all that we do, advancing access, exposure, and opportunity to dance and music, and cultivating creativity. Staff members also have opportunities to shape the culture of the organization through our Work, Life and Culture Committee working groups at a time when we are revamping our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) action plan, initiating an ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) strategic plan, and more.
Learn more about our core values.
RESPONSIBILITIES but are not limited to:
- Create and curate the organization’s brand across social media channels – 2 Instagram accounts, 3 Facebook pages (Mark Morris Dance Group, Mark Morris Dance Center, Dance for PD), Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Implement content and engagement tactics to grow followers and engagement on all channels, ensuring content is aligned with marketing and fundraising initiatives.
- Analyze and report monthly on results across social media channels.
- Optimize tactics based on monthly performance reports.
- Manage the main markmorrisdancegroup.org website to ensure that it is consistently up to date; work with staff across the organization to develop or secure content for the website.
- Monitor Google Analytics Reports and create custom reports as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure that microsites are up to date.
- Troubleshoot issues with the website and liaise with external web agency.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager and Coordinator on crafting messages that meet institutional, fundraising, and marketing goals
- Assist Marketing and Communications Manager with maintenance of press kits, and other press assets.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to maintain and update departmental system for filing and retrieving content, including photographs, videos, press articles, and press quotes.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Are a Social Media Whiz – You enjoy social media (particularly Instagram and TikTok), you are active on social media, and you know how to engage people on social media. You have managed social for an organization before and have a proven track record of growth and engagement – and you enjoy it!
- Have a Strong Aesthetic Sensibility – You have a great eye for design and understand the impact a good visual can have to make or break a campaign.
- Have a Knack for Data – You genuinely enjoy analyzing campaign results, reporting on them, and learning from data to optimize and improve on your work.
- Are Organized and Pay Attention to Detail – Our team is not very big, so it’s important that you can prioritize and produce excellent work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Are Motivated and Self-Driven – You’re a self-starter, resourceful, and comfortable with generating ideas and running with them.
- Love the Performing Arts and Our Work – You’re inspired by dance and the performing arts, and you genuinely appreciate the ways in which we pursue excellence in all that we do, celebrate our diverse community, advance access, exposure and opportunity to dance and music, and cultivate creativity.
- 1-3 years of experience in a marketing role, preferably with a focus on social media and/or website management
- Knowledge of social media platforms and rules of engagement
- Creative, resourceful, entrepreneurial mindset, with roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Experience working with social media management platforms like Hootsuite, Sprout Social or ContentCal
- Experience with CMS (preferably WordPress) and Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual Salary: $41,600 – $45,000
- Paid vacation, sick/personal leave, holidays and bonus days
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Employee Health and Life insurance covered 100%, Flexible Spending Plan, Voluntary vision and dental coverage, Pre-tax commuter benefit, 403(b) retirement plan, and 100% paid family leave
- Access to the Wellness Center (MMDG’s on-site exercise facility), free dance classes for you and your family, and subsidized studio rental rates at the Dance Center
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 10am-6pm; a willingness to occasionally flex one’s schedule depending on event needs is required.
- Applications accepted through our website
- You will be asked to submit the following as part of your online application:
- 1-page Cover Letter addressed to Laura Giannatempo, Director of Marketing and Communications
- Complete résumé highlighting relevant experience
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- The position is open until filled.
- Candidate interviews will be conducted both by video using Zoom (zoom.us/) and in person, depending on schedules. If the interview is conducted on Zoom, please download the application in advance and have a functioning camera and speaker on your device. MMDG can also provide candidates with reasonable accommodations, if needed.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: dance, marketing, and social media. States: New York.
Please Share the Marketing and Digital Engagement Associate job: