Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
NYC-based touring dance company A.I.M by Kyle Abraham seeks a skilled Marketing and Communications Manager to lead and oversee creative and strategic communications. A key member of a small but dynamic team, this role further supports the advancement of the organization by increasing the visibility of A.I.M and aiding in the expanding connection to community. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Manager collaborates with the Artistic Director and Press Agent; works closely with the General Manager and Development Manager; and will oversee Social Media Associates. With the opportunity to work remotely, the position location is flexible, though preference will be given to NYC-based candidates.
This position presents a unique opportunity to support a company with significant opportunities for growth and a bold and ambitious artistic vision.
The mission of A.I.M by Kyle Abraham is to create a body of dance-based work that examines Black culture and history. The work, informed by and made in conjunction with artists across a range of disciplines, entwines a sensual and provocative vocabulary with a strong emphasis on music, text, video, and visual art. While grounded in choreographer Kyle Abraham’s artistic vision, A.I.M draws inspiration from a multitude of sources and movement styles.
“As an artist born in the late 1970s, I’ve experienced a change in society that brings me hope. My choreography is a reflection of that hope, but also lives in the reality of my experiences and the cultural work that still needs to be done.” – Kyle Abraham, Artistic Director
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, champion, and implement organizational brand and marketing strategy ensuring a unified voice and consistency throughout all channels and proper reporting and analysis
- Honor A.I.M’s artistic vision, excellence and innovation as defined by the Artistic Director
- Develop and manage marketing plans, calendar, and corresponding budgets to support organizational goals and activities/programs, and fundraising activities
- Create compelling institutional marketing collateral while identifying new marketing elements for consideration
- Establish parameters for photo/video approval and data management in collaboration with Artistic Director and Press Agent
- Consider and implement accessibility accommodations and guidelines for all organizational marketing efforts and initiatives
- Provide analytical reports and recommend ideas and solutions
- Provide direction and supervise marketing support staff and interns
- Provide project management support for all digital campaigns, website work/upkeep, and email communication
- Develop and oversee social media activity (instagram, facebook, twitter, youtube) with special attention paid towards consistency, tone, branding, growth, engagement, exchanges and analytics
- Plan and execute email strategy through Mail Chimp, creating content for monthly company eblast and special email campaigns in collaboration with Press Agent
- Manage marketing database, lists, and engagement metrics
- Manage sites including Google Analytics, Google Grants, Google Ads and coordinate digital retargeting campaigns
Programming and Touring
- Serve as primary marketing liaison for venue presenters; providing promotional materials (print and digital) and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations
- Coordinate photography (including dancer headshots) and video recording with venues and independent photographers and oversee promotional video editing process
- Proof program and communication materials, and check venue websites to ensure information is accurate and appropriate
- Manage and oversee A.I.M merchandise and store inventory and budget in collaboration with the Artistic Director
Press and Publicity
- Work with Press Agent to ensure alignment with organizational visibility and synergy between marketing and editorial calendars
- Develop and design press kits
- Eye for design and campaign management with basic graphic design skills
- Motivated and resourceful self-starter bringing new and fresh ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills, social media and digital marketing skills
- Highly collaborative team player
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with little to no supervision
- Experience with arts marketing, specifically performing arts with a clear understanding of and love of dance
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary range is $55-65k, negotiable and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, sick/personal days, and holidays; and retirement plan with employee contributions.
A.I.M by Kyle Abraham provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. A.I.M prohibits discrimination and harassment based on gender, race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or marital/partnership status.
A.I.M embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
While this position is envisioned as a full-time staff member, we are open to proposals from consultants!
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume with references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Open until filled.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: communication, culture, dance, manager, marketing, and social media. States: New York.
Please Share the Marketing and Communications Manager job: