Marketing & Advertising Manager
The San Francisco Conservatory of Music (SFCM) welcomes applications for the role of marketing and advertising manager to build awareness for and amplify the Conservatory’s story as it reimagines what’s possible for a professional music school and pursues a mission to advance the cause of music.
The incumbent will develop and execute marketing campaigns across SFCM’s owned and paid channels to support the organization’s priorities.
She/he/they will work in close collaboration with the SFCM marketing, communications and admissions team and other functions at the Conservatory to integrate messaging, drive revenue, generate private support and raise the profile of the institution while it plays a critical role in the cultural community of the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
SFCM’s mission is to transform our students: artistically, intellectually, professionally and individually. Through the study of music at the highest level, our students learn to seek achievement in every endeavor, to convert challenges into opportunities, to understand the nature of excellence and to pursue their dreams with vigor and determination. We believe that inspiring the imagination, cultivating the artist, honing the intellect and developing the professional are the keys to launching innovative graduates who excel in any field.
SFCM is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty. Our recent and unprecedented strategic alliance with Opus 3 Artists links the leading management company for professional musicians and ensembles with the community of one of the world’s finest conservatories to create a new model for developing young musicians and representing high-caliber artists around the globe.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The marketing and advertising manager is charged with maintaining and strengthening SFCM’s storytelling efforts primarily through digital and direct marketing and advertising activities in alignment with the Conservatory’s marketing and communications priorities. With this in mind, the incumbent will:
- Develop and the lead the implementation of an email marketing program that strategically nurtures and engages SFCM’s audiences. Responsibilities include content generation, list building and segmentation, testing and analytics. Leverage internal support and drive coordination with other SFCM entities (e.g. pre-college, advancement, admissions)
- In collaboration with the senior associate director of marketing & digital, manage paid media strategy, buying and production — including digital display and search advertisements, print advertisements and occasional outdoor advertising and sponsorships. Partner with SFCM’s senior graphic designer and digital content manager to develop creative and deploy boosted social media campaigns
- As needed and with support from SFCM’s senior graphic designer or graphic design agency, develop promotional materials such as printed collateral, direct mail and flyers in support of SFCM marketing, communications and admissions campaigns
- Oversee online listing updates and in-house digital signage; provide support for web updates
- Track campaign success across multiple platforms and modify outreach to optimize effectiveness; make recommendations on tactics to iterate
- Manage student worker(s) as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with marketing and digital advertising strategy
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong project management, diplomacy and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and media
- Metrics-driven marketing mindset with an appetite for creativity and new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in a directly related field preferred
- Familiarity with music, music education or arts administration preferred
How to Apply:
We prefer to receive applications through our website. This position will be posted until filled.
SFCM is a fully committed equal employment opportunity institution and welcomes applications from all qualified persons, including those who consider themselves to be of a race, national origin or ancestry that is not fully represented in musical arts programs in the United States. Personnel decisions regarding applicants for employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran, age, citizenship, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, arts education, communication, manager, marketing, and music. States: California.
Please Share the Marketing & Advertising Manager job: