Part-Time Lucas Artists Program Assistant
Montalvo Arts Center’s Lucas Artists Programs is seeking a highly energetic, and organized Program Administer to join our outstanding team.
Reporting to the Director of the Lucas Artists Program (LAP), this position is responsible for supporting the many competing departmental priorities by assisting with planning, scheduling, tracking, communications, documentation, purchasing and research.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in tracking communications for the Program Director, both internally and externally.
- Assist in direct communication with Montalvo staff, collaborating partners, artists, curators, consultants and volunteers.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of ongoing scheduling and calendaring for all programs and manage updates to Montalvo’s master calendar.
- Support tracking of all LAP generated programming from the annual thematic, to commissions, to selections, to special projects, to fundraising events, and ongoing artist’s programs.
- Assist in the research and development of future projects, programs, and plans.
- Assist in trainings and orientations of volunteers with current programs and installation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Art Education, Arts Administration, or related coursework and 2-3 years’ administrative experience in the cultural sector.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, positive person with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, and take initiative as required, under direct or indirect supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Outlook, Audio Video editing ability preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers of all ages a plus.
The LAP welcomes artists from around the world so candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and/or Mandarin are encouraged to apply.
This is a part time position, with a flexible work schedule, typically Monday-Friday 9:00-1:00pm, but may vary and will include some evening and weekend hours.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
Typical office environment; requires the ability to remain seated at a computer for extended periods. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to type, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Some job functions may be performed outdoors and require walking over uneven and sloped terrain.
Some local travel necessary; valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle and clean DMV record required. A background check is required.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email at email@example.com.
No calls please.
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: artist, arts center, arts education, assistant, and communication. States: California.
Please Share the Lucas Artists Program Assistant job: