Part-Time Library Technical Assistant III
The Library for the Performing Arts Music and Recorded Sound Division is seeking a Library Technical Assistant III Part-Time to perform a wide range of technical services related to serials.
This position is Part-time, 17.5 hour/week position, temporary for 1 year.
• Job Type: Part-Time Job.
• Location: Manhattan, New York.
• Department: PAMRS Performing Arts Music & Recorded Sound.
• Job ID: 11317
The Library for the Performing Arts has one of the world’s most significant collections of research materials about music, dance, theatre, and recorded sound. The library maintains a major circulating collection of books and media as well as world-class special collections, which include rare and fragile materials such as archival collections, loose sheet music, photographs, programs, clippings, scrapbooks, manuscripts, fine art, and rare books.
Reporting to the Music Serials Librarian, the position will:
- Update serials holdings & check-in records
- Prepare materials for binding
- Collect, collate, bundle, and update holdings for music programs from local venues
- Perform basic serials preservation actions, including measuring items for protective enclosures, bundling and stabilizing loose materials, and preparing archival envelopes
- Assist supervisor with problem claims
- Assist with stack maintenance
- Perform special projects for the division
- Other duties as required
Required Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in music or a related field.
- Experience working with serials and electronic databases.
- Demonstrated experience using cataloguing utilities in a library environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of online library search tools, Sierra, and ABLE bindery software
- Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience working in a library setting
All team members are expected and encouraged to embody the NYPL Core Values:
- Be Helpful to patrons and colleagues
- Be Resourceful in solving problems
- Be Curious in all aspects of your work
- Limited physical effort is required
- Light lifting required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. Required
- May require travel within NYC
Starting Salary: USD $18,745.00/Yr.
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Working hours: anytime Monday – Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Union / Non Union: Local 1930
How to Apply
Job ID: 11317
Job Categories: Library. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: assistant, library, NYPL, and performing arts. States: New York.
Please Share the Library Technical Assistant III job: