Lead Handler (Rigging Experience), Art Services
Minnesota Street Project is currently seeking a full-time Lead Art Handler with rigging experience and expert art handling skills to join our team of arts professionals.
- Enthusiastically and diplomatically leads art handlers in the field; exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor with clients and acts as a positive ambassador for the overall Project.
- Handles, packs and installs artwork at private offices, galleries and residences, as well as in our viewing rooms and galleries; professionally secures and transports artwork, all in accordance with museum standards.
- Assists the registration department with labeling artworks and preforming condition reports; expertly stores and tracks artwork in our warehouse, as well as our vehicles, in accordance with museum standards.
- Anticipates bookings/projects and takes all necessary steps to streamline the incoming and outgoing processes.
- Ensures strong communication is facilitated throughout the team and that deadlines are continually met.
- Is part of a rotation of handlers that embark on a monthly Los Angles shuttle.
- Is available for occasional work outside the greater Bay Area.
- Attends weekly department meetings, as well as occasional programming events at 1275 Minnesota Street.
- Keeps vehicles and warehouse consistently clean and useable, bringing a proactive approach.
- Inventories supplies and administers reuse/recycling policies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Available to work 5 consecutive days of the week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm, and occasionally beyond
- Ability to plan and lead rigging projects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership position at a museum, gallery or art shipping organization; demonstrated expertise in art handling techniques, packing, crating and storing protocols, as well as client relations and team communication.
- Experience planning and leading rigging projects utilizing gantries, cranes, and the like
- Art transportation and shipping knowledge; Valid CA license and ability to drive a 16 – 26’ box truck.
- Professional commitment and adaptability; willingness to safely shift directions for the need of the artwork or client, in a moment’s notice.
- Experience, if not expertise, operating material moving equipment (VRCs, forklifts, scissor lifts, material lifts, gantries and pallet jacks).
- Outstanding time management; ability to quickly identify and safely resolve problems, ensuring projects stay on schedule, whilst keeping the client and team in communication.
- Demonstrates concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work, while managing time and efficiency of individual and team performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Works well independently and as a team; gracefully shifts between warehouse, client and office settings, whilst communicating along the way.
- Ability to safely lift 50+ lbs individually and 75+lbs as a team.
- Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and FilemakerPro. Ability to educate others on digital platforms, as needed.
How to Apply
Please email a single PDF that includes a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line LEADHANDLER_LAST NAME to email@example.com.
No calls, please. We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project Art Services
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art handler, arts, museum, and rigging. States: California.
Please Share the Lead Handler (Rigging Experience), Art Services job: