Part-Time Gallery Coordinator
We at 1stdibs are looking to hire a part-time Gallery Coordinator for our soon-to-be-launched Flagship Gallery of the future.
This role will be focused on delivering world-class service to our distinguished Trade buyers as well as supporting this small but dynamic team in all aspects of a successful Gallery, particularly selling high-end furniture, accessories, and art.
This location will showcase more than 50 of 1stdibs’ most exciting sellers and foster deeper relationships with the Trade, their clients, and our seller community. Being one of our first hires, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of this integrated, omnichannel experience that connects the Gallery and our website.
As a luxury sales Coordinator, you will bring 1-3 years of elevated, high-touch, luxury sales experiences that emphasize an upscale client experience. You are someone who enjoys a collaborative sales environment and prides themselves in forming and leveraging relationships, whether with customers or internal stakeholders to benefit the business. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable with change, have a can-do attitude, the ability to multi-task, high emotional intelligence, and strong critical thinking.
What you’ll do
- Act as a brand ambassador for 1stdibs and our Trade partners and act as a subject-matter expert on our products and the industry
- Meet and exceed sales and service metrics using relationship selling techniques and consistently work towards fostering a shared book of clients, ensuring a high-touch transition and strategic contact post-sale
- Provide outstanding customer service that goes above and beyond the call of duty
- Partner with all internal teams in executing in-store events, sales, and showings
- Own all pre-sale (inventory, quotes, etc.) and post-sale procedures (such as shipment tracking, returns, etc.)
- Act as our “eyes and ears on the Gallery floor” and relay customer requests, trends and complaints so we can gather the data required to best serve our customers
- Per the directives of the Manager and Keyholder, assist with any and all operational, logistical, merchandising and housekeeping tasks in order for optimized performance – including load in/out of stock and picking and packing sold items
- Adhere to all policies and procedures regarding selling, servicing, safety and operations
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of retail experience in luxury arts, interiors/furniture or design-focused business
- This role will be 18 – 25 hours a week (weekdays only)
- A functional knowledge of the retail industry and the luxury sector as well as interest in high-end design
- Understanding of when and how to engage with buyers based on where they are in the sales lifecycle; excellent instincts and proven ability in “closing the deal” and developing repeat clientele
- A relentless passion for providing the highest level of service and a willingness to go above and beyond in order to ensure a magical customer experience
- A passion for continued learning and feedback and a desire to grow with the company
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- A sense of personal style, polished appearance, refined taste and a discerning eye for luxury
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing more than 25 lbs and to understand safety requirements
- Ability to maneuver effectively around the gallery floor, stock room and office
Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending and climbing
This role will follow 1stdibs Gallery hours which will be between 9:30 am – 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Ability to work select evenings and weekends for events is required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part-time position.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via this link and be sure to attach a resume:
Please Share the Gallery Coordinator job: