Philip Martin Gallery is seeking an experienced, friendly, hard-working and organized professional for a full-time Gallery Co-ordinator position.
Gallery Coordinator responsibilities include the following:
• Oversee timely implementation of sales campaigns, art fair applications, exhibition timelines.
• Maintain the back end of the gallery website, email campaigns and gallery databases.
• Oversee shipping for exhibitions, client delivery and art fair presentations.
• Assist in the production of in-house gallery publications and sales documents.
• Assist the owner with writing press releases and general gallery content for social media.
• Image correction and editing.
• Assist the owner with client presentations, sales, and gallery inquiries.
• Manage general gallery workflow, staff and part time vendors.
• Engage directly with new and existing gallery clients as well as the general public.
• Artist/client emails as requested.
Applying individuals should ideally be versed in the following applications:
• Mac operating system and programs.
• Photoshop, In-Design, Adobe Programs.
• Microsoft Office.
• Instagram, Facebook, and social media.
• Experience with Artlogic, Arternal and Sketch-Up is a plus.
Applying individuals must have the following personal traits:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Working knowledge of contemporary art/art history.
• A positive, polite and pleasant demeanor.
• Positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, team-player.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills, and an ability to work with the public.
While not obligatory, preferred candidates could also have:
• Previous gallery/art organization experience.
• Language skills besides English.
• Preparatory experience.
• Retail experience.
• Book design or sales experience.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
No phone calls or walk-ins. Salary $ 45,000 – 65,000 with the option of health insurance.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, exhibition, gallery, and sales. States: California.
Please Share the Gallery Coordinator job: