Festival & Venue Rental Coordinator
The Music Hall→ Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
FESTIVAL & VENUE RENTAL COORDINATOR
Full-time, salaried, non-exempt position
Application Deadline: June 9, 2023
The Music Hall seeks a highly motivated and organized Festival & Venue Rental Coordinator to join our team. This role will play a crucial part in coordinating, managing, and executing specific aspects of The Music Hall’s festival-related events, as well as coordinate all rentals of The Music Hall’s spaces to outside clients, which includes a roster of corporate and nonprofit clientele.
To ensure smooth coordination with partners, clients, vendors, and internal teams, the ideal candidate for this position is experienced in many aspects of festival, event, and production logistics and provides exceptional project management and customer service to rental clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FESTIVAL-RELATED EVENTS (50%)
- Collaborates on event conceptualization, scheduling, design, timelines, and execution of logistics during the festival planning phase.
- Develops and executes protocols, plans, schedules, and organizes all logistics for festival events, including but not limited to, panel discussions, award ceremonies, educational workshops, and more, for Telluride by the Sea Film Festival, New Hampshire Film Festival, and other performing arts-based festivals and special events.
- Creates, updates, and maintains a centralized system for event logistic information for internal and external sharing with key planning constituents.
- Manages offsite venue relationships with executed rental contracts, certificate of insurance, and adherence to venue qualifications.
- Communicates and coordinates with staff to execute event logistics, including set-up, catering and equipment needs, transportation, and breakdown across multiple locations.
- Along with design assistance from the Marketing Department, responsible for procuring high-quality event swag and promotional merchandise. Interfaces with identified members of the Front of House team who are responsible for tracking inventory and sales.
- Creates and documents standard operating procedures and project plans for large-scale event planning and logistics to aid with future planning needs and improvements.
- Sources, identifies, and maintains professional working relationships with various external vendors.
- Assists where needed in the coordination of hospitality, lodging, and transportation services for VIP guests and artists.
- Assists the Volunteer Coordinator, where needed, to recruit and train a team of volunteers to assist with festival execution with various roles at multiple locations.
- Participates with the Development Department in sourcing and communicating with event-based donors and sponsors while opportunistically soliciting in-kind services when appropriate.
- Assists the Marketing Department by reviewing programs, website, and social media posts for accuracy in festival information and event details.
- Remains updated on industry trends, best practices, and regulations related to venue partnerships/usage and event management.
VENUE RENTALS (50%)
- With the exception of ticketed live, co-promoted events at the Historic Theater, this role is responsible for coordinating all aspects of venue rentals in all of The Music Hall’s spaces, including:
- Act as the main point of contact for prospective rental clients while providing exceptional customer service when addressing inquiries, requests, and estimates in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct site visits and provide detailed information to potential clients, showcasing the features and capabilities of The Music Hall’s spaces, whether for performances, special events, or corporate meetings.
- Draft, submit, file, and execute rental contracts, including all necessary permits, insurance, and other rental-related documentation.
- Coordinate rental feasibility with the Programming Manager to schedule holds and event dates in the master calendar while ensuring proper Operations staff availability.
- Communicate with internal teams, including Operations, Marketing, and Technical staff, to ensure seamless event execution while considering the client’s needs.
- Schedule a pre-event production meeting with the client and Operations Department to coordinate event logistics for load-in, set-up, equipment and rental requests, and load-out while ensuring compliance with Music Hall policies and procedures.
- Draft final settlement and necessary invoicing to clients and vendors that capture all rental-related expenses.
- Schedule a post-event follow-up with the client to debrief on event success and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to:
- Assist with marketing efforts, ensuring that the client’s event materials are properly displayed on Music Hall channels.
- Enhance The Music Hall’s capacity for rental opportunities by working with the Director of Marketing & Communications to create and implement a comprehensive marketing campaign.
- Collect and analyze data on confirmed and unconfirmed rentals to help identify future budget growth opportunities.
- Continuously update document templates, including event sheets, contracts, Usage Policy Agreement, and other standard operating procedures relating to rentals.
- Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of experience or 5+ years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience coordinating festivals, large-scale events, or facilitating venue rentals, preferably in a music or entertainment industry-based setting.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to define and communicate tasks and roles clearly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and internal teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a proactive and problem-solving mindset.
- Experienced proficiency in: Google Suite, CRM databases (Salesforce/Patron Manager preferred), and a project management software tool, such as Asana.
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, in-person in downtown Portsmouth, NH office with flexibility to work certain nights, weekends, and holidays based on the programming schedule.
- Salary range: $48,000-$55,000
- Health care package: health and dental
- Cell phone reimbursement
- 24 days of accrued earned time
- Plus: 401K program with discretionary match and annual bonus (contingent on the organization exceeding its annual goals)
HOW TO APPLY
The Music Hall offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and the opportunity to be part of a renowned music venue that hosts exciting festivals and events. If you are passionate about music and event management, and have the skills and experience to excel in this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join our team as a Festival & Venue Rental Coordinator at The Music Hall!
Please email a cover letter and resume to: Ilysse Sirmaian at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Festival & Venue Rental Coordinator.
No calls or walk-ins, please.
The Music Hall is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage those traditionally underrepresented in our industry to apply. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, we encourage you to email Ilysse Sirmaian.
The Music Hall
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: communication, coordinator, entertainment, and music festival. States: New Hampshire.