Full-Time Experienced Art Handler / Driver
Art Handling Specialists/Drivers are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during onsite projects. This position will also provide leadership and guidance during projects while acting as liaison between clients and company managers.
- Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
- Install/de-install artworks during onsite projects using proper techniques and tools
- Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
- Plan the organization and packing of trucks to ensure utmost safety of objects during transit
- Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
- Lead a team; provide guidance and coaching during projects
- Act as liaison while onsite between clients and company management
- Determine strategy for projects, particularly when senior staff are not onsite
- Safely operate company vehicle and transport artwork to locations in and around tristate area
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, DOT regulations
- Perform all required truck inspections
Experience, skills, and attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials
- Ability to speak effectively to clients and coworkers
- Strong attention to detail, discretion, and follow-through
- Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- 2 + years driving experience within the fine arts transportation or specialized removals industry
- Must be able to safely operate 26-ft box truck, at minimum
- Valid driver’s license / CDL license not required but beneficial
- Clean personal and previous employment driving record-lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a min. of 50lbs own their own.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 – 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required:
Must have valid driver’s license / CDL not required but beneficial
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
New York City / Long Island City,
Los Angeles / Culver City
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Handler / Driver” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates only.
No calls please.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art handler, arts, driver, exhibition, and museum. States: California.
Please Share the Experienced Art Handler / Driver job: