FirstWorks Executive Coordinator
FirstWorks is a Providence, Rhode Island-based non-profit arts organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, educational, and economic vitality of our community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs, and as Founding Creative Partner for PVDFest, Providence’s premiere arts festival.
FirstWorks (FW) is seeking an Executive Coordinator to support vital functions of the entire organization. The Executive Coordinator ensures smooth operations across office management, data, and programs. Qualified candidates will be skilled communicators, highly organized, capable of synthesizing complex information, be proficient in CRM/Databases and MS Office suite applications and have an affinity for the arts. This is a full-time position. Occasional evenings and weekends based on the program schedule are required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily management of FW office, including telephone and reception, mail collection, office supplies
- Manage relationship with IT service, maintain office technology, provide tech support to staff
- Liaise with third party contractors for services, and coordinate with building management about access, repairs, etc.
- Maintain institutional calendars, staff communication systems (Asana, OneDrive), Standard Operating Procedures
- Serve as Board of Directors liaison to schedule meetings, write and send communications, records, agendas, minutes, etc.; support new Board member on-boarding
- Provide Human Resources support; staff searches, on-boarding, recruiting and helping to supervise interns; schedule and track staff performance reviews
- Working under the supervision of the Accountant/Bookkeeper, perform light bookkeeping functions such as data entry and report generation, documenting and filing invoices/receivables; provide support for annual audit
- Support internal meetings through agenda development, meeting facilitation, minute taking, circulating action items, and follow up on assignments
- Database management including entry, database hygiene, pull various departmental reports, modify system layout as needed, contract management and interface with CRM provider
- Provide support for grant proposals and reports, annual campaign, donor cultivation and special events as needed
- Support to senior leadership with schedule management, coordinate and prep for external partner meetings, conference scheduling, or assemble relevant copy/materials for partners
- Oversee Box Office management and Front of House; create show-specific box office events, monitor box office communications and assist patrons with ticketing, run sales reports, manage comp tickets and holds, and liaise with external box office vendors if applicable
- Set up and monitor Virtual Stage events via box office when applicable
- Implement marketing and cross promotional efforts, including group sales, package and affinity group pricing, and community outreach to partners and stakeholders
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials and media communications, including local event listings and direct mail campaigns
- Light video editing, including packaging of recorded Zoom events for web
- Support program logistics, including liaising with community partners
- Serve as Zoom admin for Virtual public engagements
- Attend partner planning meetings as needed
- 1-3 years work or equivalent experience in arts administration, cultural non-profit organizations
- Previous administrative, office management, or other relevant experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Superior organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and proactively remedy tech/database issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Facile knowledge/user of software applications (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, email, search engines, databases), familiarity with SalesForce/Patron Manager, Asana, Microsoft 365, QuickBooks preferred
- Welcoming presence: ability to generate enthusiasm for the organization, elicit cooperation, and get information over the phone, via email, and in person
- Knowledge of Greater Providence, business community, creative community and some experience in interacting with the nonprofit arts & culture sector a plus
- Access to use of personal vehicle to travel between worksites
Anticipated Salary: $40,000-$45,000
Anticipated hire date: ASAP
This is a full-time position.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and three professional references to email@example.com.
Please include the position title in the subject of your email.
Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation.
FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Women, gender-nonconforming, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, coordinator, executive, marketing, non-profit, and performing arts. States: Rhode Island.