Full-Time Events Coordinator
Opera Theatre’s Events Coordinator is an integral part of the advancement team who reports to the Managing Director of Advancement, and helps plan and execute fundraising, marketing, and community engagement events for the company.
This is a salaried, non-exempt position, regularly scheduled to work 40 hours per week, although scheduled hours may increase during the Festival Season in May and June. Successful candidates will be required to flex their schedule to accommodate various evening and weekend events, particularly during the Festival Season.
- Assist Manager of Special Events with planning and executing major fundraising events, including the Spring Gala and Holiday Celebration, and coordinate details for donor and cultivation events during opera season (May/June) and off-season.
- Assist Director of Marketing & Public Relations and Marketing Staff with events targeted to attract and retain ticket buyers, including Young Friends activities, ticket-buyer appreciation events, new audience development events, and more.
- Assist Manager of Community Partnerships with events designed to engage community members.
- Specific responsibilities for the above will include:
- Coordinate onsite event logistics, working with OTSL colleagues and external vendors to execute event plan and ensure a safe, enjoyable guest experience;
- Create and distribute event invitations, track responses, and follow up with guests as needed;
- Communicate with volunteer event leadership and volunteer committees;
- Assist with donor follow up for fundraising events;
- Help monitor event expenses and revenues;
- Collaborate with OTSL management and seasonal interns to ensure events are staffed appropriately;
- Alert OTSL management promptly to guest needs and/or concerns;
- Assist advancement department staff with other seasonal and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1-3 years of event and/or project management with demonstrated results;
- Experience managing project budgets;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and a constituent management database (OTSL works with Tessitura).
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple projects with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Evening and weekend hours will be required consistently during Opera Theatre’s festival season (May/June) and at other times throughout the year.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A professional who enjoys a team-oriented approach and appreciates the opportunity to build relationships with colleagues and volunteers;
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work with many individuals in differing capacities (colleagues, volunteers, major donors, and vendors);
- Ability to be self-directed, as well as collaborate with teams;
- Working knowledge of fundraising, marketing, and/or community engagement;
- Love of the arts and/or opera.
About Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization known for innovative productions featuring outstanding young artists. The company offers a festival opera season each spring which attracts ticket buyers from zip codes throughout the metropolitan area, as well as visitors from nearly 50 states and multiple countries. As of 2019, Opera Theatre of Saint Louis has presented 28 world premieres and 28 American premieres, which may be the highest percentage of new work in the repertory of any American company. In addition to the spring Festival Season, Opera Theatre operates year-round education and community programs serving nearly 17,000 local children and adults. The company’s annual budget size is approximately $10.8 million; contributed revenue represents more than 50% of budget.
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis has a year-round artistic and administrative staff of 35, which increases to approximately 500 during the Festival Season. Several hundred volunteer members of the Opera Theatre Guild provide support for all aspects of Opera Theatre’s work and advocate for the company throughout the greater St. Louis community.
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume along with a letter that describes their interest in Opera Theatre of Saint Louis and outlines experience and qualifications for the position.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Ambos Freber, Managing Director of Advancement
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, 210 Hazel Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63119 (no calls, please)
Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, gender, orientation, veteran or disability status.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, coordinator, events, logistics, opera, and theatre. States: Missouri.
Please Share the Events Coordinator job: