Freelance Educational Performers and Ensembles
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is currently accepting applications from talented teaching artists and performers specializing in music, dance, theater and/or STEAM to join The Center’s Arts Teach roster as a freelance contractor.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is a non-profit organization with education programs designed to inspire young people and increase access to the arts as part of a well-rounded and equitable education. The Center’s Arts Teach is one of the nation’s preeminent rosters of teaching artists providing experiences to hundreds of thousands of Southern Californians each year. Through Arts Teach we present educational arts assemblies, workshops and residencies of the highest quality that celebrate cultural diversity and aid in the development of 21st century skills. By presenting programs at affordable rates to schools and community organizations throughout Orange County and Southern California, it is our ambition to serve every corner of our community. As we strive to excel in all avenues of artistic education, it is our partnerships with local artists that make such excellence possible.
If you have an education performance ready for audition consideration, we invite you to submit an application.
- Develop and present educational assemblies, workshops and/or residencies to school and community audiences that synthesize and stimulate creative practices.
- Present arts and cultural programs in an authentic manner and have a thorough knowledge of their history, background and context.
- Address the learning needs of diverse student populations.
- Represent Segerstrom Center for the Arts in a positive and professional manner and work collaboratively amongst multiple school community stakeholders, including classroom teachers, parents, administration, and donors.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge, expertise and passion for a performing art.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a school environment and with various school community constituents.
- Possess strong English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit a warm, respectful and trustworthy rapport with audiences.
- Be available during school hours with advance notice and show flexibility in scheduling
- Have the ability to adapt to a wide range of performing and teaching conditions.
- Have reliable and consistent means of communication and transportation.
- Be able to pass a background check by live scan fingerprinting.
- Two years of experience performing and/or teaching in a public-school environment (preferred).
- Experience with English Language Learners and students with special needs (preferred).
- Teaching Artists and Education Performers must routinely lift, push, pull or carry art supplies, equipment, instruments and classroom furniture weighing up to 40 lbs. Must also bend, twist, reach, stand and or sit for long periods of time
Time commitment based on need.
With guidance from Arts Teach staff, artists independently set their own rates.
How to Apply:
Please send a current resume and sample lesson plan or performance proposal. This sample can be in the form of a written outline AND/OR a link to a video clip. Email to email@example.com with the following email subject line: ARTS TEACH PERFORMER.
Please Share the Educational Performers and Ensembles job: