JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR, LINKS HALL
Links Hall encourages artistic innovation and public engagement by maintaining a facility and providing flexible programming for the research, development and presentation of new work in the performing arts.
The Director leads Links Hall and carries primary responsibility for its operations, programmatic and curatorial vision. The Director is dedicated to the overall health, diversity, equity, and inclusivity of the organization, working creatively to ensure its ability to carry out its mission, develop audiences, and raise its profile. The Director has primary responsibility for fundraising, financials, staffing, board engagement, and programming.
The Director will build on a strong, six-year partnership with landlord and venue partner Constellation. The Director works collaboratively with Constellation, staff, artists, Board of Directors, Associate Board, funders, and local and national colleagues and partners to carry out Links Hall’s mission.
- a minimum of four years of progressive, effective, and comprehensive leadership experience in the arts;
- practical and innovative leadership, strategic, entrepreneurial, and organizational development skills;
- demonstrated success in audience and philanthropic development, such as marketing, board development, grant-writing, annual appeals, individual and major gift solicitation;
- passionate and demonstrated commitment to realizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in every aspect of the organization: artists, audiences, board, and staff;
- strong aptitude for building collaboration and trust across a team, providing timely and clear feedback and corrective action when needed, demonstrated commitment to open and honest discourse;
- comfortable managing projects with multiple and shifting timelines and outcomes and ensuring continual communication and follow-through;
- ability to develop and execute multi-year fundraising strategy including events like Links Hall’s annual benefit THAW and international donor/artist trips;
- demonstrated experience in venue management or proven equivalent experience;
- preference given to substantial business, budgeting, and financial management knowledge (including accrual accounting, contracting, understanding of QuickBooks, etc.);
- commitment to the geographic needs of leading Links at the venue, in Chicago, nationally & internationally;
- a passionate understanding of and commitment to the live arts as necessary to quality of life
$55,000-$65,000 annually; benefits include employer subsidized health insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation plus major holidays
Please submit cover letter and resume through: https://airtable.com/shr05cEf0ehI4XQN4 (inquiries are preferred by April 26th)
Ideal start date: June 17, 2019.
Links Hall is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workplace.
About Links Hall:
For over 40 years, Links Hall has been an artist-centric workspace and venue for the development and presentation of those taking risks in the performing arts, especially in contemporary dance, performance art, puppetry, social practice performing arts, and multi-disciplinary work. Links is dedicated to making the intentional choices necessary to achieve equity. Six years ago Links began a new chapter, moving to a shared space with music presenter Constellation. Last season, Links produced 200 evenings of performance on site across 90 separate bills including half a dozen festivals. Links offers a spectrum of programs to serve the artistic community including: affordable rental space; mentored and paid artist residencies; institutional and financial support for artist-curated performance series; and education for artists and audiences. Links Hall actively partners with other local and national arts organizations, including the National Performance Network.
For more information visit: https://linkshall.org/
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: culture, director, fund-raising, performing arts, and staffing. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Director job: