Full-Time Director of Sales and Marketing
Portland Ovations seeks a goals-oriented, analytical sales and marketing leader with a passion for arts and entertainment. The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing, overseeing and implementing an integrated, strategic marketing approach that advances Portland Ovations’ institutional brand, drives event sales and marketing, and promotes education/outreach activities through both traditional marketing and new media channels. Must possess high skill level with Excel as well as dashboard techniques and presentation softwares. Prior experience with Tessitura or other CRM database a plus.
The Director of Sales & Marketing focuses on market and data analyses, creation of promotional campaigns that are strategic and responsive, budget management, and media placement to achieve sales goals and measure return on investment.
The Director of Sales & Marketing works closely with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, Directors of Engagement / Ovations Offstage, and our box office PortTIX to create campaigns that maximize Portland Ovations’ engagement with its community through ticket sales, strategic collaborations and well-promoted events.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Creates, oversees and implements annual sales and marketing strategies and campaigns to achieve annual sales goals; maintains flexibility to adjust as needed.
- Tracks, analyzes, and presents marketing campaign data and returns on investment, particularly in regard to purchased media, website, and social media campaigns.
- Interfaces with PortTIX to ensure data management, extract and analyze patron data, coordinate communications and promote excellent customer service.
- Manages multiple budgets for seasonal marketing, institutional marketing, and individual event campaigns.
- Analyzes sales, patron feedback and competitive activity, and shares findings with Executive Director and other staff. Proposes revenue and expense targets for sales based on these analyses.
- Oversees organizational publications and electronic presence including website, season brochure, direct mail, annual report and development collateral.
- Maintains leading edge knowledge of current sales, marketing, media and ticketing trends.
- Provides public relations leadership that advances the organization’s brand.
- Liaises with media to solicit articles, previews, reviews and sponsorships.
- Collaborates with other departments to support marketing and communications needs and ensure brand consistency.
- Develop annual work plan to support Portland Ovations’ strategic plan, Ovations2020.
- Manages additional staff and contract/vendor relationships as necessary.
Other Tasks Include
- Provides input regarding strategic planning and implementation of artistic and educational programming.
- Manages marketing and public relations representatives for each event/artist and adheres to contractual marketing obligations getting approvals for overall marketing plans.
- Minimum three years management experience in senior level position(s).
- Experience working collaboratively across functional areas to develop and manage initiatives.
- Experience working with non-profit boards and related committees.
- Non-profit sales experience a plus.
Skills & Qualities
- Optimistic, visionary self-starter with excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent analytic skills and fluency with budgets.
- Results-oriented, problem-solving strategic, flexible and creative thinker.
- High proficiency in MS Office.
Please email a specific cover letter detailing your interest in this position and organization, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, director, entertainment, marketing, media, music, sales, and theatre. States: Maine.
Please Share the Director of Sales and Marketing job: