Director of Marketing
National Philharmonic’s Marketing Director will originate all external communications and brand management with an emphasis on integrated marketing of advertising, website, social media, public relations, promotions, and direct marketing in support of our annual revenue goals.
Who we are:
Celebrated for showcasing world-renowned guest artists and time-honored symphonic masterpieces, National Philharmonic continuously strives to create remarkable educational opportunities in the community while promoting diversity and representation in classical music. Prior to COVID-19 and because we are based in Montgomery County, Maryland, National Philharmonic had traditionally served the metropolitan Washington, DC area including Central and Eastern Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Northern Virginia. In 2020, we expanded our online programming which has allowed us to enter new markets and access audiences across the country and across the world.
National Philharmonic’s Marketing Director will originate all external communications and brand management with an emphasis on integrated marketing of advertising, website, social media, public relations, promotions, and direct marketing in support of our annual revenue goals. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual is responsible for strategy, implementation, tracking, assessment of marketing and communications activities, overseeing contractors providing social media, graphic, public relations, advertising, video production and copywriting/editing services. The Marketing Director works closely with staff including Music Director, Development, Community Engagement, Education, and Production to ensure that brand messaging stays on point and contributes to the overall success and expansion of National Philharmonic throughout the region and beyond.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
– Creation, development, and implementation of subscription/single ticket campaigns to meet ticket revenue goals. Evaluate sales trends and implement strategies i.e. dynamic ticketing to increase earned revenue. Manage all aspects of Tessitura system as it relates to ticketing and marketing.
– Originate and direct advertising activities developing creative, consistent brand-specific ad campaigns.
– Establish and implement social media strategy to represent National Philharmonic’s brand across all channels. Enhance reach and engagement to augment sales.
– Oversee the functionality and design of the website, evaluate content, SEO and performance. Added responsibilities include writing, editing, and proofreading site content including crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns.
– Develop and implement press and media strategy to build reputation and ensure effective media coverage.
Creative Art Direction
– Plan layout and visuals for print and digital publications, products and advertising creating and maintaining a vision for a company’s products and branding. Working with and directing designers to produce art and designs to support that vision.
– Develop campaigns to promote NatPhil’s programs to increase short-term sales and improve results from other marketing programs.
– Develop and implement strategies to maximize customer service and satisfaction in all aspects of the operation. Coordinate FOH activities, communications including e-newsletters, surveys, and collateral.
– Collaborate with the development staff in the creation of fundraising materials, recognition of sponsors and corporate partners, and promotion of donor cultivation events in print, digital, and e-mail marketing.
– Plan and manage department budget. Supervise staff or outsourced consultants including graphic designer, social media, web streaming, web content consultants, website developer, copywriter/editor, public relations, and advertising agencies.
- Understanding of or experience with a nonprofit musical organization.
- A commitment to collaboration with others in an enthusiastic and passionate organization who have a laser focus on its mission.
- Prior professional experience in social, digital and multimedia marketing.
- Experience with software and platforms that support marketing strategies – Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, CRM software, HTML, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Apps and Tessitura software.
- The ability to create a performance culture within the marketing team – utilizing the results of data collection tools and technology to inform strategies and related plans.
- The ability to balance multiple projects and be accountable for meeting deadlines.
Starting range is $75k commensurate with experience.
Applications and Inquiries
Please submit a cover letter, resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments, and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or general inquiries about this opportunity please email email@example.com or call 301-493-9283 x 4204.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, marketing, music, and Orchestra. States: Maryland.
Please Share the Director of Marketing job: