Director of Fundraising & Development
Miners Alley Playhouse→ Golden, Colorado, United States
MAP Director of Development and Marketing
Miners Alley Playhouse (MAP) seeks an innovative, data-driven, and highly collaborative Director of Development to lead their fundraising team.
This position performs all Development functions for the organization, for both operating and our exciting capital campaign.
This individual will lead and inspire staff and board members to achieve annual and long-term fundraising goals, and implement growth strategies to advance MAP’s work. The Development Director will take the lead in building a culture of philanthropy at MAP, to build and engage a portfolio of individual donors, foundations, companies and in-kind prospects to expand and ensure positive relationships, personal stewardship and increased giving.
In addition, this person will help MAP launch its exciting “Second Act” – the opening of the new Miners Alley Performing Arts Center in the heart of downtown Golden. This project has unprecedented community engagement and support, and the new Director of Development will step into a popular and exciting organization!
Who we are:
Under the current direction of Len Matheo, Lisa DeCaro, Rory Pierce and Jonathan Scott-McKean, MAP has a reputation as one of the finest small professional theaters in the region. For 30 years, Miners Alley has been recognized as a premier theater company in the Jefferson County and Denver metro area, presenting both theatrical classics and new works. In a typical year, Miners Alley offers a diverse series of six main stage productions (a total of 135 performances), including both theatrical classics and cutting-edge works, with at least one musical production. For youth and families, we present five original children’s theater productions annually (a total of 64 performances), as well as a robust series of educational programs and theater camps for youth, serving ages 6-18.
At Miners Alley Playhouse, We believe that every individual has worth, and we believe that theater belongs to everyone. We ask that our staff, artists, and audience work together to make all people feel welcome here. We believe in seeking out and amplifying diverse voices. We are committed to maintaining a supportive, compassionate, safe and respectful atmosphere.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of senior development experience preferred
- Experience working with major donors, individual giving, grant writing, and in other key fundraising areas
- Excellent persuasive writing and editing abilities
- Positive, creative entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and function well in a shared workspace
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate, and manage others
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business and fundraising strategies
- Experience building collaborative relationships with people across diverse backgrounds and personalities
- Ability to work independently and as part of the leadership team
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail
- Collegiality and team orientation are a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters
- Experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to the success of the new Miners Alley Performing Arts Center.
- Experience with local fundraising landscape and knowledge of key prospective donors preferred.
- Lead the planning and implementation of MAP’s overall development program, developing annual and long-range strategies that align with strategic objectives and support growth and sustainability across all funding areas.
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Producing Artistic Director, and Board of directors to support, guide, and encourage their active participation in fundraising.
- Work closely with other staff to coordinate messaging, collateral materials, and overall strategy for outreach and engagement with new and existing donors.
- Oversee management of the Spektrix donor database.
- Share information and reports with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and producing Artistic Director and other staff.
- Create, or oversee the creation of, all collateral materials for development campaigns and events.
- Perform all duties in accordance with MAP Policies and Procedures and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop and execute data-driven, research-based strategies for acquisition, retention, and upgrade of key prospects
- Optimize a robust major gifts pipeline, implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies for gifts of $1,000 and above.
- Steward key donors and create new opportunities for donor engagement.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual fundraising plans achieving MCC’s contributed revenue goals
- Manage and steward a portfolio of major individual and institutional funders and prospects
- Ensure the execution of multi-channel donor and patron communications
- Oversee gift processing, acknowledgement and data integrity through the CRM (Spektrix).
- Oversee the creation, planning, and implementation of donor events, including MAP’s annual fundraiser event.
- Direct, manage and support Board Solicitation process for all fundraising events, ensuring a holistic strategy around donor prospects.
- Lead the acquisition of key sponsors and support for fundraising events.
- Work closely with the Capital Campaign Consultant and MAP staff to help coordinate the $14,000,000 capital campaign to fund the building of the new Miners Alley Performing Arts Center.
- Oversee internal systems for prospect generation and management.
Board & Staff
- Direct, manage and support for Board of Directors’ fundraising activities, including soliciting prospects for their support.
- Work with staff and board members to build a culture of philanthropy at MAP
- Attend monthly board meetings and provide regular reports on fundraising initiatives and progress.
- Identify new sources of donations and grants, and assist with the application process.
- Build relationships with regional and national foundation partners, and identify new projects and partners in collaboration with the senior leadership team.
- Develop new strategies to increase support from corporations and community partners.
- Work with the Grant Writer and/or Executive Director to review and approve proposals, reports, and correspondence to institutional funders and stakeholders.
- Identify and solicit playbill advertisers.
- Identify, solicit, and manage sponsorships and relationships with community partners for each of MAP’s six professional productions each season.
- Plan and execute community outreach, community partner, and other special events (including opening nights and member events) throughout the season.
- Participate in the creation and dissemination of marketing materials for the organization, including brochures, playbills, digital marketing/e-newsletters, billboards/banners, ticket stock and jackets, signage, and press releases.
- Participate in and provide strategic guidance on the annual subscription campaign.
- Help manage patron mail & email lists in Spektrix.
- Manage and implement a strategic email, social media, and digital marketing campaign.
- Help identify strategies for audience development and increasing individual, subscription, and group ticket sales.
- Oversee and collaborate in all marketing tasks, such as press relations, graphic design, and social media.
SALARY: $50,000-80,00/year (depending on experience) plus benefits and performance-based bonuses
Reports to: Executive Director & Producing Artistic Director
Status: Full Time (exempt)
Benefits: health, dental, vision, autonomy, free & discounted friends & family tickets
How to Apply:
Please send resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com
Miners Alley Playhouse
Golden, Colorado, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, development, director, fund-raising, marketing, and performing arts. States: Colorado.
Please Share the Director of Fundraising & Development job: