Digital Marketing Associate
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Guthrie Theater would like to acknowledge that we gather on the traditional land of the Dakota People and honor with gratitude the land itself and the people who have stewarded it throughout the generations, including the Ojibwe and other Indigenous nations.
Working in collaboration with the Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Associate executes all aspects of the Guthrie’s social media strategy and supports the creation and deployment of external emails. This role is responsible for building and analyzing engagement on the Guthrie’s digital platforms, making recommendations to ensure continued growth and helping to ensure the theater’s content clearly and effectively communicates the organization’s brand and values. All employees are expected to center, model and champion the Guthrie’s core values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
This position is full-time, exempt and benefits-eligible. Compensation for this position is $44,070 – $52,550 annually plus benefits. The typical schedule for this role will vary based on the dynamic schedule of a theater.
The Guthrie is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social Media
- Manage and execute organic and paid social media strategy across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn, to increase brand awareness, foster engagement and drive conversions for productions, tours, classes, donations, special events and more.
- Maintain the Guthrie’s social media calendar, lead content brainstorm meetings and route post copy and graphics for final approval.
- Draft engaging social media copy tailored for each channel and/or collaborate with Marketing Team members to complete copywriting assignments as outlined on the social media calendar.
- Maintain a working knowledge of copy length requirements, image specs and design guidelines.
- Coordinate across departments to secure and/or create assets that accurately represent the Guthrie brand and programming.
- Monitor social media platforms during the workday, assigned evenings and weekends and coordinate staff coverage for evenings and weekends.
- Engage with community members on all social channels. Using approved institutional talking points, respond to questions, comments and criticism on behalf of the organization in a timely manner while being consistent with Guthrie style and values.
- Maintain awareness of current events and offer recommendations for how/when the Guthrie has a presence on social media.
- Support the Marketing Manager in monitoring paid social campaigns across Facebook and Instagram.
- Maintain a working knowledge of social media best practices and trends; make recommendations for changes in practices.
- Analyze and report on organic social media campaigns to identify trends, engagement and areas for improvement.
- Email Campaigns
- Manage email campaigns to support ticket sales and awareness of Guthrie productions, programs and initiatives while maintaining an overall awareness of the organization’s external email calendar.
- Build email templates, route proofs and implement edits for an average of 20–30 emails per month across departments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Guthrie’s Style Guide and use that knowledge to proofread internal and external communications.
- Schedule or manually deploy emails utilizing segmented lists as directed by the Marketing Manager and other departments.
- Develop campaigns to support A/B testing and troubleshoot day-to-day technical issues within the email platform (mapping dynamic fields, HTML, etc.).
- Understand, follow and stay current on email laws and best practices; make recommendations for changes in practices.
- Analyze and report on email marketing results to identify trends, effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Serve as backup to the Marketing Manager for website updates.
- Participate in content ideation meetings for marketing campaigns; provide social media and email recommendations.
- Support the execution of marketing plans and collaborate on marketing strategies to increase ticket sales.
- Attend department meetings and communicate relevant updates to the team.
- Capture behind-the-scenes photos of staff/artists at work and special events as assigned.
- Foster a work environment of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience in marketing. Formal, informal and cross-disciplinary experiences will be considered.
- Passion for digital marketing and using social media to engage and build audiences.
- Strong writing skills with an emphasis on crafting engaging and effective marketing language.
- Experience managing a brand’s social media platforms and executing paid and unpaid campaigns.
- Experience managing email campaigns and working in email softwares; Wordfly experience a plus.
- Experience in website CMS management preferred.
- Basic knowledge of SEO practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative and possesses technical proficiency to troubleshoot and solve digital issues.
- Basic Google Analytics knowledge preferred; basic pixel tracking setup and implementation helpful.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to write creatively and exceptional proofreading skills.
- Project management experience; ability to manage several tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Basic photography skills; Photoshop experience a plus.
- Tessitura experience a plus.
- Experience, ability and commitment to working with individuals and teams that are mixed across lines of difference, such as race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days reflective of the dynamic schedule of a theater.
A NOTE FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
For the safety of our guests and staff, the Guthrie Theater requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
Job Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, marketing, media, social media, and theatre. States: Minnesota.
Please Share the Digital Marketing Associate job: