Musicians Foundation, the country’s oldest nonprofit organization dedicated to helping professional musicians in times of need, seeks a self-starting and driven Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator will fundraise, cultivate donors, create campaigns, and provide both administrative and data support.
The position is up to 20 hours per week with additional hours as the need arises.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Staff and Board to maximize the effectiveness of the Foundation’s programs and outreach efforts.
- Assertively fundraise to increase the Foundation’s endowment and general fund.
- Engage past and current individual, foundation and corporate donors.
- Identify and connect with new donors.
- Create fundraising campaigns and collaborate on marketing initiatives.
- Assist with programming and event coordination.
- Provide general administrative support (maintain development files and donor database, assist with mailings, answer and forward email inquiries,)
The Development Coordinator will additionally:
- Lead the process of thanking donors and provide tax-deduction information via mailings.
- Track pledges, ticket sales, and other revenue for development and audit purposes.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of Musicians Foundation events and conferences.
- Help manage production details of events, in coordination with members of development team, including facilities, equipment, logistics, catering and on-site management.
- Research and draft letters of inquiry and proposals for Foundation support.
- Knowledge of the performing and educational arts community and a commitment to the mission and goals of Musicians Foundation.
- Three or more years of successful, direct experience in the arts development field raising funds, cultivating donors, and creating strategic plans and campaigns.
- Be able to make a multi-year commitment to the Foundation.
- Experience with online fundraising.
- Ability to be self-starting, think creatively, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have attention to detail.
- Have a sense of humor and be a people-person.
- Be available to work in Manhattan, New York office as needed.
- $40-50 per hour, depending on experience.
- As soon as possible.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample or example of a previously created fundraising campaign to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: administration, development, fund-raising, music, and non-profit. States: New York.
Please Share the Development Coordinator job: