Full-Time Development Coordinator
The Washington Ballet is entering a new, exciting phase of growth under the artistic leadership of the world-renowned American dancer Julie Kent.
We are seeking candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent digital and administrative competency, interest and experience in development practice, and a passion for the performing arts/dance/ballet to join our development team as Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator is an organized, tech-savvy and highly motivated individual with an eagerness to support The Washington Ballet in raising the funds required to further the organization’s mission and growth strategy.
The Development Coordinator supports the development department’s mission by helping to build and sustain longstanding relationships with the ballet’s supporters, including individuals and corporate and foundation donors. S/he manages and maintains all gift, event, and donor data in the ballet’s Salesforce/Patron Manager database and with the finance department, coordinates and delivers the gift acknowledgement process, assists in general development administration and events, and attends all performances and events as a team representative.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Gift Processing & Financial Reconciliation
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all financial gifts to The Washington Ballet by entering gift and constituent information into the donor database system and issuing donor acknowledgements for one-time and monthly donations
- In coordination with relationship managers, ensure pledge payments are received according to gift installment plans by pulling regular reports on pledge balances and issuing invoices
- Draft acknowledgment letters that reinforce The Washington Ballet’s mission, thank supporters, and provide appropriate tax information, using templates
- Reconcile revenue figures with finance department to ensure accurate management of data for contributed revenue
Database Management & Reporting
- Generate established reports from the donor and patron database
- Ensure the cleanliness of data by regularly updating constituent contact information and de-duplicating records
- Conduct bulk uploads of actions and appeals within database to ensure accurate and timely records
- Conducts prospect research and provides relevant data to development staff, as appropriate.
- Maintain and enforce database standards, controls, and data entry procedures.
- Proactively track campaigns, funds, and appeals within donor database to allow for accurate reporting.
General Development Administration
- Conduct research to support development team members, including donor prospect and grant research.
- Ensure the development team is equipped with essential tools by monitoring key application subscriptions and professional services, and maintaining inventory of letterhead, envelopes and other stationary.
- Support the development team members on grant and funder reporting, RSVP and benefits tracking.
- Assist the Director of Development and department in expense tracking.
- Draft gift agreements and proposals to support the development team, as necessary.
- Enter gift and constituent information into the donor database system, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Salesforce or database experience preferred
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented; strong ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Cyclical working hours – seasonal hours and schedule.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours as required or assigned.
- Occasional periods of prolonged standing/sitting
- Ability to travel as needed for work or assignments.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
The Washington Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salary; medical, dental and vision insurance; company-paid Life and Disability; paid vacation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.comJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, ballet, development, finance, fund, and fund-raising. States: DC.
Please Share the Development Coordinator job: