Full-Time Development Associate
The Oregon Symphony seeks applicants for Development Associate, responsible for gift processing, project managing acknowledgements, database coordination, support for development leadership and team.
The position duties include:
Database Gift Processing
- Prepare gifts for processing
- Deposit checks to bank daily
- Segment and prepare daily gift batches for distribution and sign-off
- Coordinate and execute gift batch entry and posting into the database
- Prepare and deliver gift batch entry collateral for Finance
- Process and track matching gifts, stock transfer info, IRA distributions, soft credit via donor advised fund, etc,
- Data extraction and segmentation
- “Quality engineering” process to find and implement efficiencies
- Customizing and printing letters
- Distributing and project managing letter signatures
- Mailing letters in a timely and organized manner
- Pull reports and queries from the Tessitura database
- Routine and case-by-case data extraction
- Database hygiene
- Maintain records of gifts, transmittals and receipts in database and hard copy files
VP and Development Team Support
- Manage routing documents/lists to the Development team for review
- Coordination and execution of prospect research including obituary research
- VP and leadership support (creating and maintaining a call list, calendar assistance)
- Backup support for events
- Backup support for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Answering the phone at the front desk
- Other duties as assigned
The position requires occasional evening and weekend work in connection with special events.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; basic understanding of fundraising and 1-3 years of related experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to write clearly with proper spelling and grammar to produce gift acknowledgments. Ability to speak effectively to donors, Board members, employees, vendors and
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to organize systems, coordinate deadlines, handle logistics, interpret instructions provided in writing, orally or in diagram
- Computer Skills: Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to use or learn quickly the donor/ticketing database software (Tessitura). Ability to research on the
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional attention to detail and efficient proofing skills to note and track gifts of all types and sizes and note any errors.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities, including donors and potential donors, Board of Directors, volunteers, Symphony musicians, other staff, conductors, and guest performers.
- Pleasant manner and phone voice; customer- service oriented.
- Comfortable to greet all types of guests and have keen awareness to safety concerns.
- Ability to work effectively and gracefully under pressure.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: associate, development, fund-raising, and music. States: Oregon.
Please Share the Development Associate job: