Position: Development Associate
Company: Princeton Ballet Society, dba American Repertory Ballet (ARB) and Princeton Ballet School (PBS) with locations in New Brunswick, Princeton, and Cranbury, New Jersey, USA.
Reporting Relationships: The Development Associate reports to the Development Manager.
Travel: There may be some travel associated with this position
Position: Full time, non-exempt
The Princeton Ballet Society’s mission is to bring the joy, beauty, artistry, and discipline of classical and contemporary dance to New Jersey and nationwide audiences through public performances and to dance students through artistic and educational programs. This mission is fulfilled through three distinct but unified parts of the organization: American Repertory Ballet (ARB), the preeminent ballet company in NJ now under the leadership of Ethan Stiefel, Artistic Director; Princeton Ballet School (PBS), one of the largest non-profit dance schools in the nation; and ARB’s Access & Enrichment initiatives, programs designed to enrich students and
the local community to the art form of dance, as active participants and informed observers, and to develop life-long dance enthusiasts. It is through these three branches that the organization’s vision is pursued: to entertain, educate, enlighten, and inspire with the beauty and passion of dance. Designated a “Major Arts Institution” by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts for two decades, and recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts “American Masterpieces” program, the organization plays a leadership role in the dance community. ARB’s annual production of Nutcracker, first produced in 1963, is the longest-running production in the state and one of the longest-running in the country. ARB’s DANCE POWER program, now in its 36th year, is an in-school dance residency that provides dance education to every 3rd grade student in the New Brunswick public school system, and remains the longest-running arts/community partnership in NJ.
Founded in 1954 by Audrée Estey, the mission of Princeton Ballet School is to create and train professional dancers and to provide age and developmentally appropriate dance classes to the general public for students ranging from recreational beginners to professional artists.
The School has a highly qualified faculty dedicated to providing training for all dancers wishing to appreciate ballet as an art form, a life-long form of exercise and a means in which to find self-confidence and poise. For the gifted student wishing to make dance a professional career, the curriculum and artistic acumen of the faculty have produced dancers who have graduated to the professional level in ballet, modern dance, Broadway and television and film. For the student looking for a bridge from their high school training into their professional careers, ARB offers the Trainee Program which is managed by Princeton Ballet School.
The Development Associate works with the Development Manager, providing critical administrative support for the fundraising efforts of the organization including the annual appeal, grant writing, corporate giving, and endowment giving. You will coordinate with the Development Manager and events committee to create and facilitate special events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the annual appeal by maintaining donor records, produce donor acknowledgements, and coordinate volunteers to personalize solicitation letters.
- Provide event planning support for a variety of functions, including donor recognition and cultivation events. Assist with the production and distribution of invitations, coordination of event logistics, secure licenses and permits as needed, and respond to participant concerns and special needs.
- Assist with pledge tracking, donor stewardship, management and oversight of annual appeal, and gift acknowledgements.
- Provide support with social media communications.
- Maintain the integrity of all information in the Raiser’s Edge database and conduct general database cleanup to ensure consistency of entries.
- Conduct prospect research for foundations, corporations, and individual giving.
- Research and cultivate relationships with corporate sponsors for performances and programs.
- Research and write to support grant proposals and reporting activities, as needed.
- Generate mailing and emailing lists as required for internal and external communications.
- Manage the Nutcracker boutique by ordering merchandise, tracking sales, coordinating volunteers and on-site participation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience with office administration, fundraising and development activities for a nonprofit organization
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite skills
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and database entry preferred
- Project a positive, service-oriented, “can-do” attitude
Compensation is $45,000 annually and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Princeton Ballet Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or belief.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumé and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(please note the position title in your subject line).
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, ballet, development, fund-raising, and non-profit. States: New Jersey.
Please Share the Development Associate job: