GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
A Noise Within (ANW), one of the nation’s leading regional theatre producers, is seeking a highly qualified applicant as our new full-time Development Associate.
Referred to as “an oasis for those who love classic stories” by the Los Angeles Times, ANW’s award-winning resident company immerses audiences in timeless, epic stories in an intimate setting. In addition to producing world-class performances of classic theatre, the organization runs robust education programs committed to inspiring diverse audiences of all ages.
A Noise Within’s mission is to produce classic theatre as an essential means to enrich our community by embracing universal human experiences, expanding personal awareness, and challenging individual perspectives. We seek to produce world-class performances, to educate and inspire the public through programs that foster an understanding and appreciation of history’s great plays and playwrights, and to train the next generation of theatre artists. We also recognize our responsibility as a culture-setter within our community; with a focus on “classic theatre, modern magic,” ANW produces with an expansive and ever-evolving view of what it means for a play to be considered a “classic.”
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate supports the department responsible for generation of all philanthropic revenue for the organization, including corporate sponsorships, grants, special events, planned giving, endowment, leadership gifts, and individual donors (within annual and blended campaigns). This portfolio of diverse revenue streams represents roughly 42% of the operating budget; the remaining 58% comes from ticket sales and education fee-for-service revenue (generated through Education and Marketing in conjunction with the Box Office) as well as strategic initiatives.
The Development Associate plays an important role by supporting the Development Department and fundraising at ANW generally. This position will be expected to participate in all fundraising activities including but not limited to: donor relations, direct mail appeals, database management, gift processing and acknowledgments, prospect research and special events.
- Provide administrative support for all fundraising campaigns and events
- Maintain ANW’s CRM database ensuring all donor information and details are current and correct
- Support individual giving efforts by analyzing current donor data
- Research new prospects and create prospect one-sheets
- Plan and manage production of all direct mail solicitations and online email blasts to relevant lists for campaigns
- Process all donations from individual donors, corporate, foundation, and government funders
- Prepare timely acknowledgement letters to all donors and maintain other correspondence with donors as needed
- Maintain calendar of proposal and report deadlines for Major Gifts
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Actively engage donors at ANW events and performances
- Seek to reinstate lapsed donors and increase gifts from current donors
- Screen development inquiries and respond to general development emails
- Maintain Development Department budget tracking
Support the Board of Directors
- Prepare materials, schedule, attend and produce minutes at Board Development Committee meetings
- Liaison with Board Development Committee providing prospect information for possible connections
- Support Development Director in planning and executing Events; this includes:
- Scheduling and coordinating with Board Gala committee
- Tracking donations, attendance, RSVPs, and projecting auction donations in agreement with budgeted goals
- Creating and maintaining event timelines
- Working with caterer, rental company, and other ANW departments to facilitate event production and execution
- Assigning and managing staff roles at event o Setup, attend, and breakdown event
Additional duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work setting
- Background and experience in theater or performing arts fundraising a plus but not necessary
- Cultural competency, demonstrated commitment to anti-racist practices
- Proven track record of financial, fundraising, people and program management within a Development Department
- Comfortable with MS: Office 365 and working with a CRM such as Tessitura, Audience View with wealth screening tools such as iWave, Donor Search, and Wealth Engine
- Excellent oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve with attention to detail
- Collaborative spirit
A Noise Within offers a generous benefits package including
- Medical Insurance
- 11 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Sick time
- Simple IRA retirement savings plan with 3% employer matching
- Salary range is 50-52k depending on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter, and your resume, to email@example.com.
Please put “Development Associate – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line.
Please, no follow up calls.
ANW is committed to an anti-racist practice rooted in equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility; we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), women, gender nonconforming, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply! To learn more about the vision and commitments we have in place, please visit www.anoisewithin.org/equity-diversity-inclusion-at…↗↗.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, development, fund-raising, performing arts, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Development Associate job: