Development and Box Office Associate
• Position Title: Development and Box Office Associate
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Status: Non-Exempt and At Will
• Supervisor: Development and Managing Directors
• Liaises with: Development Committee
• Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
Opera Lafayette is the pre-eminent American interpreter and producer of period-instrument opera from the 17th through the 19th centuries. The organization performs its annual season in Washington, DC and in New York, NY in a festival format, offering a unique work environment with a small and highly collaborative staff. Opera Lafayette maintains office space in Washington, DC and New York City and offers flexible and remote work opportunities, though ease of accessibility to both cities is preferred.
The Development and Box Office Associate is responsible for management of donor information, benefit fulfillment and will supply assistance to the Development Director for special events and grant tracking. In addition, this associate will act as the Salesforce/Patron Manager administrator, building events in Patron Manager in coordination with development, education, and production and creating data reporting data for all sales events and development reports.
- Maintain PatronManager, including processing donations, entering data, pulling reports, and reconciling monthly reports with accounting reports.
- Support the Annual Fund campaign, moving current patrons up through the giving levels, building a steady pipeline for new donors, and converting previous Accelerando contributors into regular annual fund donors.
- Manage acknowledgement letters for donors up to the $1000 level and facilitate/track donors’ receipt of incentives, privileges, and other benefits offered at their giving level.
- Reliably manage grant deadlines and reporting.
- Oversee annual crowd-funding activities such as Do More 24 and Giving Thursday and consider other online fundraising possibilities, such as donations by text or other online payment platforms.
- Provide support for annual benefits in DC and NYC, in conjunction with Benefit Chair(s) and a NY-based special event coordinator.
- Facilitate other social gatherings for donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship, ranging from intermission cocktails for donors of specific giving levels to cultivation dinner parties in private homes.
- Coordinate logistics for all development stewardship events, including, but not limited to ticketing, marketing, catering, entertainment, technical needs, decorations, transportation, etc.
- Provide additional support to the Development Director, as required
- Build events in Patron Manager, the company’s Customer Relationship Management software
- Prepare and maintain seating maps for all performance locations
- Advise and assist with the implementation, reporting and generation of event reports
- Monitor and process all ticket orders on phone and email and ensure resolution of all patron inquiries
- Ensure that the ticketing systems records are maintained and accurate
- Coordinate with Development Director and Production Manager to complete all requests of special guests, e.g., complimentary tickets, critics, etc.
- Prepare sales reports for all ticket sales and comps on a weekly basis and reconcile reports with accounting reports
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of development or development-related work experience
- A passion for arts fundraising and the ability to build relationships with patrons and donors
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and development/box office databases; Patron Manager experience a plus
- Commitment to working as part of a small team and to embracing new ideas
- Love for, and knowledge of opera is highly desirable
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Two-weeks paid vacation; health care benefits; 401-K plan; paid sick/personal time; flexible schedule and/or remote-hybrid work arrangements available
Applicants for this position should send chronological resume and separate detailed cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Box Office/Development Associate” in the subject line.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: box office, development, fund-raising, music, and opera. States: DC.
Please Share the Development and Box Office Associate job: