Development and Box Office Associate
Opera Lafayette is the pre-eminent American interpreter and producer of period-instrument opera from the 17th through the 19th centuries. The organization performs its annual season in Washington, DC and in New York, NY in a festival format, offering a unique work environment with a small and highly collaborative staff. Opera Lafayette maintains office space in Washington, DC and New York City and offers flexible and remote work opportunities, though ease of accessibility to both cities is preferred.
The Development and Box Office Associate is responsible for management of donor information and benefit fulfillment, and will assist the Director of Development with gift entry, gift acknowledgments, special events and grant tracking. In addition, the associate will use PatronManager, the company’s Customer Relationship Management software, to manage ticket sales, build box office events in coordination with development, education, and production, and create data reporting data for all sales events and development reports.
- Maintain PatronManager, including processing donations, entering data, pulling reports, and reconciling monthly reports with accounting reports.
- Manage acknowledgement letters for donors up to the $1,000 level and facilitate/track donors’ receipt of incentives, privileges, and other benefits offered at their giving level.
- Reliably manage grant deadlines and reporting.
- Assist the Director of Development crowd-funding activities such as Do More 24 and Giving Thursday and consider other online fundraising possibilities, such as donations by text or other online payment platforms.
- Provide support for annual benefits in DC and NYC.
- Occasionally assist at other social gatherings for donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship, ranging from intermission cocktails for donors of specific giving levels to cultivation dinner parties in private homes.
- Occasionally greet and interact with donors in social settings.
- Assist with logistics for all development stewardship events, including, but not limited to ticketing, marketing, catering, entertainment, technical needs, decorations, transportation, etc.
- Provide additional support to the Director of Development, as required
- Build events in Patron Manager
- Prepare and maintain seating maps for all performance locations
- Advise and assist with the implementation, reporting and generation of event reports
- Monitor and process all ticket orders on phone and email and ensure resolution of all patron inquiries
- Ensure that the ticketing systems records are maintained and accurate
- Coordinate with Development Director and Production Manager to complete all requests of special guests, e.g., complimentary tickets, critics, etc.
- Prepare sales reports for all ticket sales and comps on a weekly basis and reconcile reports with accounting reports
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience working with Salesforce or a comparable CRM
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and development/box office databases; Patron Manager/Salesforce experience a plus
- Commitment to working as part of a small team and to embracing new ideas
- Ability to connect with donors and other Opera Lafayette community members in social settings
- Love for, and knowledge of opera is highly desirable
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Applicants for this position should send a combined chronological resume and detailed cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com with “Box Office and Development Associate” in the subject line.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: development, fund-raising, management, and opera. States: DC.
Please Share the Development and Box Office Associate job: