Customer Experience Manager (Box Office/FOH)
We create exceptional theatre experiences, inspiring generations to explore the wonder of their world.
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte (CTC) is proud to be an organization where a diverse mix of talented, committed, and enthusiastic people gather to do their best work. As we inspire generations to explore the wonder of our world, we desire to see the diversity and amazing, expanding tapestry of this world and community reflected in all our programming, behind the scenes, and in our team members, board, and volunteers.
We recognize theatre as a means of holding up a mirror to society, and that all people’s race, ethnicity, culture, background, and beliefs should be celebrated and reflected onstage, on staff, and in the audience. Employment opportunities are available to all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, veteran’s status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. In addition, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Click to submit an Employment Application.
Along with the application please attach a resume and cover letter (PDF PREFERRED).
In the letter, please describe why are you drawn to Children’s Theatre of Charlotte and what about you and your experience will make you a successful Customer Experience Manager.
Anticipated Start Date on or about August 1, 2021.
WHAT WE DO…
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte is a national leader in Theatre for Young Audiences and is recognized for the breadth and strength of its programs. We are dedicated to creating vibrant and engaging theatre experiences, both on the stage and in the classroom. With the COVID pandemic seemingly on the wane, we are excited to ramp back up our production efforts. Our typical season consists of large book musicals, as well as more intimate productions. Generally, we produce 7 – 9 Mainstage shows, 2 elementary school tours, and a preschool tour annually. We are a professional theatre creating shows for children, not by children, however we generally cast student actors in one or two shows throughout the season. Our production season runs September to June.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
Our Customer Experience Manager is the torchbearer of our customer-centric culture, ensuring that every touchpoint in our patron’s journey is engaging, efficient, and effective. In turn, this person is responsible for increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention while decreasing Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s churn rate. The Customer Experience Manager is equal parts brand ambassador and orchestra conductor. That is, equal parts personality (to win people over) and process (to get stuff done).
- Strategizing, planning and execution of customer experience goals.
- Growing relationships with new and existing guests, donors, and organizational stakeholders to build loyalty and foster meaningful experiences for all.
- Identifying customer needs and taking proactive steps to maintain positive experiences (i.e. handling queries, resolving customer service issues, etc.).
- Developing relationships within the community to grow programs and drive sales throughout the year (i.e. group sales, reduced-cost ticket program, ad sales, etc.).
- Managing all daily operations for the Box Office including staffing, ticketing, education registrations, exchanges/refunds, cash control, customer service issues.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF…
You are enthusiastic, goal driven, unflappable under pressure, and can strike a balance between juggling all the details and executing them successfully. You are at your best when working on a variety of projects simultaneously while navigating and nurturing inter-departmental collaboration.
In addition, consider this opportunity if:
- You have a proven, successful track record of 2+ years in customer relationship management.
- You have the drive, ability and experience cultivating, inspiring, and leading a high-performing customer experience team.
- You have a solid work ethic with superior attention to detail and superb communication and organizational skills.
- You pride yourself on being a “doer” with a high degree of initiative and energy. You have a proven ability to prioritize work, manage time and multiple priorities, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have a strategic mindset balanced with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are adept at using a variety of apps and digital tools to accomplish your work. This includes familiarity with ticketing and CRM software and proficiency in MS Office/Google Platform apps. Accounting knowledge or background a plus.
- You can work some weekends and evenings as needed.
- You are excited to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity.
The Customer Experience Manager recruits, hires, assigns, schedules, oversees, directs, and supervises the Audience Services Manager, Box Office Associate(s) and has indirect oversight of House Managers. This includes working within a staffing budget.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $42,000, depending on experience.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: box office, customer service, manager, and performing arts. States: North Carolina.
Please Share the Customer Experience Manager (Box Office/FOH) job: