COVID Safety & Compliance Specialist
The 5th Avenue theatre is seeking a COVID Safety & Compliance Specialist to join its team.
About The 5th
The 5th Avenue Theatre is one of America’s leading musical theater companies. We enrich the community we love with the art form we love—giving the Pacific Northwest a front-row seat to original powerhouse productions that go on to light up marquees and audiences all the way to Broadway. From the page to the stage, we bring passion and epic scale to every musical we create. With big talent. Bigger-than-life productions. And did we mention dazzle? As a nonprofit theater company and our region’s largest performing arts employer, we spread the joy of great musicals with people of all ages across our region and state.
Each year, we reach more than 75,000 young people through our nationally acclaimed education programs. Programs designed to develop new musicals ensure that the next generation of great musicals will be there to tell the stories that captivate tomorrow’s audiences. On the national stage, we are a leading voice for the power of this American art form to lift the human spirit.
For more information about the 5th Avenue Theatre, its season and its programs, please visit www.5thavenue.org
The 5th Avenue Theatre and the communities we serve are on the land and waterways of the Coast Salish people who have continuously inhabited our region since time immemorial. They are the original storytellers and theater-makers of this place we call home.
We also acknowledge and honor the Tribal nations across Washington State and the many Indigenous peoples from across the country who also live and work in the Seattle area. As we step into this new period of The 5th’s history, we hope to honor their legacies and bring greater attention to their continuing fight for equity and recognition.
At The 5th Avenue Theatre, we are actively working towards goals as an anti-racist organization, you can learn more about our work and statement here: www.5thavenue.org/about/anti-racism-at-the-5th/
The 5th will appoint an individual who is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the COVID-19 return to work plan. This person does not need to be a health professional but should have some basic training on COVID-19 and the range of controls required to mitigate risk. The roles and responsibilities of the designated COVID Supervisor include:
• Conducting a COVID-19 risk assessment based on the venue/space, activities, and controls (guidance on conducting risk assessments is provided by the CDC, OSHA, and at state levels, to be used in coordination with guidance in this document).
• Implementing COVID-19 training on the theater’s COVID-19 reopening plan for employees.
• Monitoring implementation of the return-to-work COVID-19 plan and the progression from level to level or return to an earlier level if changes in the local prevalence of COVID-19 or an adverse event happens on site.
• The COVID specialist should be a member of the safety committee and have access to senior management to keep them informed of how well the plan is being implemented or any relevant changes impacting the plan.
• The COVID specialist will be working with all the various groups – artists, production, human resources, ancillary staff and union representatives.
• The COVID Specialist will stay up to date on our union safety regulations, and guidelines and working with our teams to implement those regulations and guidelines
• Follow HIPPA & ADA guidelines/regulations while handling confidential information obtained from workers
• Stay current on new developments in health & safety, to improve the quality and efficacy of the processes
• Covid Specialist will draft all safety plans to meet Union required protocols
• Work closely with Production team to ensure union compliancy
• Work with and co-supervise production Covid Safety Officers as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
• A working understanding of COVID-19 symptoms, how the virus is spread & how best to avoid it
• Familiarity with Theatrical Union, State, City & Federal rules, regulations and recommendations for safety
• Certification from at least one recognized Covid-19 Training program
• Familiarity with HIPPA & ADA guidelines
• Familiarity with Contact tracing and communication systems
• Competent with Basic computer programs: Outlook, Word & Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Onsite work in T.V, Film, Production, Operations or Theatrical industries in a similar safety role
• This position may require some night and weekend availability for special events or production related needs.
• The 5th Avenue will be requiring Covid-19 Vaccinations for all employees as of October 4th, 2021, with considerations for Medical & Religious exemptions.
This position reports to the Director of Facility Operations
This is position has a minimum 6-month engagement with a possible extension based on industry needs and requirements of Unions, Federal, State & City regulation & recommendations.
Compensation & Benefits:
Weekly Salary $1,200 a week
Full Time Temporary Position without health or retirement benefits.
Position is eligible for ORCA Card, Complimentary Tickets to performances, Paid Company Holidays, and Reduced Rate Parking.
Application information & Timeline:
Applications from those who have been traditionally underrepresented in the theatrical industry are strongly encouraged. We are striving for our staff to be representative of a diverse and vibrant community that includes multiple identities, perspectives & influences.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume & 2 references in a single word or PDF attachment by September 27th that explains your qualifications & interest for the position to HumanResources@5thavenue.org.
Please put in Subject line: COVID Safety & Compliance Specialist
Interviews are anticipated to be conducted in late September /Early October with the hopes to have the position begin in early October or as soon as possible.
A Background check will be required prior to offer of position.
The 5th Avenue Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The 5th Avenue will be requiring Covid-19 Vaccinations for all employees as of October, 4th 2021, with considerations for Medical & Religious exemptions.
When not working remotely, the work location is The 5th Avenue Theatre, located in the Skinner Building at 1326 5th Avenue, in downtown Seattle.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: COVID Safety and theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the COVID Safety & Compliance Specialist job: