Audio Visual Technician
Why join MadArts?
MadArts is an incubator for technology forward projects and collaborations located in Dania Beach,FL. Working alongside both emerging and established artists, MadArts encourages experimentation with new technologies and methods of production to expand the horizons of art.
MadArts exists as a fluid space, whose setting changes with each project. MadArts hosts exhibitions, activations, and events that bridge traditional mediums with innovations interactive, Web3 and immersive media.
What will you be doing?
Mad Arts is in search of an Audio / Visual Technician to work with the Director of Exhibitions, Curator(s) and a full time Carpentry staff to help facilitate the installation of physical and digital exhibitions,permanent installations, and offsite projects. This person will manage installation projects from start to finish as guided by the Head Technician, and Artists/ Designers. This person will set up, operate, maintain, and repair AV equipment used to enhance Museum events, such as projectors, TVs, microphones, DSPs, lighting and sound mixing equipment.
- Work independently or on a team to set up and install hardware for immersive art exhibitions;
- Coordinate with the Dir. of Exhibitions, Curators and Artists and Preparators to install, update and maintain exhibits;
- Prepare spaces for installation of hardware;
- Establish and maintain an inventory of Cords, cables, hardware etc;
- Work between onsite and offsite projects;
- Turn on, Maintain and shut off exhibits daily;
- Read and understand blueprints and project scopes as related to each project;
- Operated and maintained a vehicle used for the couriering materials and gear;
- Managed and maintained on and off site storage of material and gear;
- Follow safety procedures and ensure the safe handling of hardware;
- Be present for special events that require technical oversight;
- Ability to work as part of an existing team.
- Degree in video/ film production, theater technology or related field;
- 2-5 years Experience with exhibition installation, museums, event production, or related fields;
- Working knowledge of projector operations, smart tv operations, HD cameras, HD cables, control systems, and wire management.
- Ability to remove and replace AV equipment with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrate a familiarity with video, projection, LED and audio software;
- Demonstrate familiarity with video mapping programs (Madmapper Resolume Arena ) / video editing programs (Adobe Premier, After Effects);
- Troubleshooting A/V equipment when technical questions or problems are related to A/V equipment and identifying appropriate solutions;
- Have a familiarity with assembling, calibrating and maintaining A/V hardwares;
- Have an awareness of, and iImplement best practices for working with new A/V technology;
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and software for special projects;
- Experience with lighting installations, Projectors, LED panels, etc. a plus;
- Experience as a Grip, Rigging and Gaffing a plus;
- Familiarity with 3D scanning a plus;
- Be comfortable on ladders and scaffolding
- Have reliable transportation and a valid drivers license.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials;
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach overhead to gain access to equipment;
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or hot conditions;
- Must be able to lift any trade tools, material and equipment;
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs;
- May be required to work in confined areas to access equipment.
Work is normally performed in an interior environment. Some work from time-to-time will be in an exterior environment with exposure to climatic conditions. Schedule will include non-traditional hours, evenings, and weekends;
This is a full time position with benefits.
Base compensation 50K
Please send Resume to Both:
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: audio, exhibition, film, media, Technician, and video. States: Florida.