Full-Time Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
Huntington University invites applicants for a tenure track position in Theatre Arts, beginning January or Fall 2019. With the University’s history of excellence in Theatre, this position represents an opportunity to lead the direction of a premier Christian Theatre program into the future. The HU Theatre program includes support from the Theatre program technical director.
- Have expertise to teach acting and directing classes within the curriculum
- A record of scholarly contributions and professional theatre experience highly desirable
- The ability to collaborate well with faculty, staff and guest artists
- Exemplify a Christian vision for the arts and possess a strong desire for achieving excellence in the classroom and productions
- Completion of doctorate or MFA in Theatre Arts preferred, with terminal degree required by time of tenure review
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teach all levels of acting courses within the curriculum
- Select season productions and direct at least one main stage production per semester
- Advise all theatre majors and minors
- Continue to seek outside scholarship opportunities/professional development
- Supervise/hire theatre staff, adjunct instructors, and seasonal guest artists and designers and collaborate with University and guest contributors to Theatre productions
- Perform responsibilities shared by the University faculty
Huntington University is an evangelical Christian university and seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission, faith-learning integration, and liberal arts education.
For more information, see https://www.huntington.edu/theatre.
Benefits include TIAA, medical, life and disability insurance, and traditional undergraduate tuition remission for dependents. Huntington University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is committed to building a stronger multi-cultural campus climate and enthusiastically encourages women and ethnically diverse candidates to apply.
The Huntington University faculty application form may be found at:
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, completed faculty application form, and the names and contact information for three references should be sent to email@example.com (email preferred), or mailed to Dr. Michael Wanous, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty, Huntington University, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750.
Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled.Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant professor, education, teaching, and theatre. States: Indiana.
Please Share the Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts job: