Assistant Manager- Production
As Assistant Production Manager, you are responsible for overseeing Production Operations under the direction of the Production Manager.
- Advance all Victoria Theatre shows per riders and show information received
- Coordinate and attend Production meetings
- Gather itineraries and make travel arrangements to advance shows
- Prepare production related documents including memos and estimates as requested and assist with settlements
- Supervise, assign, and schedule contract IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) crews for all performances, events, and maintenance
- Work events as assigned
- Implement terms of contract and technical rider, arrange and follow through on contract specifications for all DAYTON LIVE presented productions including all hospitality, housing, travel, and ground transportation
- Company liaison with Company manager for each show
- Prepare and track all artist payments for the DAYTON LIVE
- Prepare miscellaneous contracts for services such as organist, projectionist and hair/wig and wardrobe personnel
- Serve as local “runner” day of show as needed
- Operate within approved budget constraints to include all capital expenses
- Research equipment and supply purchasing information and acquire as approved
- Track and maintain the production expense budget for DAYTON LIVE as required
- Assist with set up and tear down of animated figures and Holiday decorations on an annual basis.
- Complete all other assigned duties by Production Manager/TD as required
- Other duties as assigned to include: Assist with set-up/tear-down of Wintergarden, Donor lounges, Mathile and Arts Annex events, Mathile and Arts Annex equipment maintenance, hanging banners / art display set-up/teardown
Education & Experience:
BA Degree in Technical Theatre and Stage Management or minimum 4 years’ experience specializing in live production supervision.
A successful Assistant Production Manager will have in depth technical skills in lighting, staging, sound, rigging and AV.
They will be highly organized, detail-oriented and have an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with peers, management, and general public. Must be able to work effectively with a variety of personalities.
They will have experience managing a budget as well as be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and have experience working and supervising contract IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) crews as well as strong contract understanding.
In addition, they will be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends in an indoor theatre environment.
Rate of Pay: $42,000-$44,000/annual
Apply online: www.daytonlive.org/about/employment-volunteering/
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. States: Ohio.
Please Share the Assistant Manager- Production job: