Assistant Lighting Director
Opera In The Ozarks→ Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
Assistant Lighting Director
- Opera in the Ozarks at Inspiration Point
- Summer 2023
Now entering its 72nd year, Opera in the Ozarks at Inspiration Point (www.opera.org) is a training program for aspiring opera singers near beautiful Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The company runs three mainstage productions in repertory (7-8 performances each) and a small, traveling Studio Artist production for a one-month season, June 23 – July 21. The company comprises 45 vocal artists supported by an artistic/administrative staff of 25 and a paid orchestra of 25. The 2023 main stage productions will be: Offenbach’s Orpheus In The Underworld, Donizetti’s Elixir Of Love and Copland’s The Tender Land.
Opera in the Ozarks is seeking an Assistant Lighting Director for the 2023 season.
They will report to Lighting Director Richard Dunham and Operations Director Chris Cathcart.
Representative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Lighting Director with all aspects of the three mainstage operas in partnership with the operations director, technical director and stage directors
- Hang, cable (power and DMX) and maintain all instruments and related gear/network, including recent LED purchases
- Operate the lighting for all dress rehearsals and performances
- Install and maintain video systems and scenic and supertitles video projection systems (operated by others)
- Work well under pressure and maintain a positive team spirit
The successful candidate will be highly organized and personable, able to manage change and work well in a team.
They will likely be a BFA graduate or an MFA graduate student with a portfolio of several previous designs.
Experience working in opera and/or musical theatre is an advantage.
The candidate selected will be hired as an independent contractor with no taxes being withheld.
Compensation comprises $3000, a private air-conditioned room with a shared bathroom, and three meals seven days/week for the period of the contract, May 21-July 22, 2023.
All artists and staff will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated for Covid 19, including CDC-recommended boosters by May 1, 2023.
Review of applications continue until the position is filled.
Please send the following as PDF attachments to Chris Cathcart, operations director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of application outlining qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae or résumé detailing experience
- Link to professional website or portfolio if available
- List of three references, including email addresses and phone numbers
Opera In The Ozarks
Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: assistant director, lighting, opera, performing arts, and video. States: Arkansas.
Please Share the Assistant Lighting Director job: