Temporary As Needed Audiovisual Technician
The Asian Art Museum is seeking a skilled Audiovisual Technician who will provide audio/visual services in the museum for events and programs. This position will operate audio visual equipment, provide customer service and technical assistance to guests and staff as well as assisting with technical support and installations. A flexible schedule and the ability to work on an as-needed basis is essential.
- Operates audio visual equipment including but not limited to P.A., audio mixer, microphones, projection, video playback and monitoring remote signal flow for cameras and audio gear.
- Customer service and front-line demeanor is a responsibility of the Audiovisual Technician. The technician represents the museum during public programs, lectures, meetings, special and rental events. They possess the ability to assist clients with computers and presentation software, such as PowerPoint, Keynote, VLC, QuickTime and others.
- Moves, sets up, takes down, and adjusts a broad range of equipment including microphones, portable and installed sound systems, video cameras, risers, fastfold screens, lighting, displays and projectors, desktop and laptop computers and other devices for programs and events.
- Provides technical assistance to musical and dance groups through careful audio mixing, use of stage monitors and microphone selection and placement.
- Maintains safety of staff, patrons, and other guests in all audiovisual installations; works closely with supervisor, event staff, engineering, security, and outside contractors to ensure compliance with established event guidelines and appropriate use of the facility.
- Assist the AV Manager and the Digital Team in the maintenance and troubleshooting of digital displays in non-gallery public areas.
- Assist staff with technical support; resolving the issue or documenting it and reporting it to full time IT staff.
- Verifies that equipment is in good working order prior to each event; making spot repairs as needed, pulling & identifying faulty gear for inspection and repair.
- Returns and stores equipment in assigned locations; makes improvements to storage and recycling of equipment, in conjunction with supervisor.
- Maintains communications with event staff and performs related duties as required including working with security for emergency and safety protocols.
- Assists with inventory control and inspection.
- Performs related duties which include installing/removing speakers, projection, computers, display monitors and other hardware (including cabling) in offices and other non-gallery spaces in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to work on an as-needed, flexible schedule is required
- Two (2) years of related work experience performing audiovisual services, preferably in a museum or institution of higher learning; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Working knowledge of: all types of microphones; portable sound systems; video projection; flat screen displays; Windows™ and Apple™ operating systems; computer-based presentation programs, such as PowerPoint and Keynote; lighting equipment; staging equipment; safety procedures for handling and storage of audiovisual equipment and electrical loads.
- Ability to operate and maintain a broad variety of audiovisual equipment including video cameras and video conferencing equipment and software.
- Ability to trouble shoot audio and video equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to report to work on short notice and to work evening and weekend hours; maximum flexibility is required.
- Ability to move heavy equipment and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Punctual, dependable, and conscientious; reliable and trustworthy; detail-oriented; must present a professional appearance at all times.
- Conscientious self-starter with proven ability to manage and independently prioritize multiple tasks while ensuring timely, high quality outcomes.
- Ability to perform equipment repairs; experience in equipment repair is a plus.
- A familiarity with world music and traditional instruments is a plus.
Physical agility; good vision; manual dexterity required to move, operate, and make minor repairs of audiovisual equipment. Requires lifting and carrying equipment, including heavy equipment.
$25.7565 per hour (note that this position is not eligible for benefits)
Apply online at http://www.asianart.org/
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: events, lighting, museum, music, and technical. States: California.
Please Share the As Needed Audiovisual Technician job: