Part-Time Arts Instructors
All Disciplines including Drawing and Painting, Animation, Ceramics, Music, Dance, Theater, Storytelling, Printmaking, Bookmaking, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Puppetry, Photography, etc.
Are you interested in a career as an Arts Instructor teaching students of all ages at a local nonprofit?
This is an opening for a driven individual who wishes to make a difference in North Orange County arts and culture.
Candidate’s primary responsibility would be in preparing lessons and teaching arts classes in the beautiful working environment of the Muckenthaler Cultural Center as well as at off-site locations in the region.
The Muckenthaler is located on 8.5 acres of perfectly landscaped parklands on a hill overlooking Fullerton.
Our Arts Education Outreach program has expanded from serving 1,000 students in 2009 at one site to over 13,000 students at 28 sites in 11 cities currently. Starting as an after school program, it has become multi-faceted reaching the underserved/at-risk children of our region. Our programs include scholarships for afterschool classes/camps; art classes for Crittenton foster care, Women’s Transitional Living Center, Project HOPE School, schools, community centers; free school tours; free senior arts classes; free festivals; and arts programs for community nonprofits. We developed the first STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) programs in Orange County: (physics through animation, plate tectonics/earthquakes through ancient stories, photography and magazine production, among others). We are opening our first satellite Teen Arts Center in Placentia where we will provide after school arts programs (music recording, dance, visual arts, ceramics, etc.) We provide arts classes in correctional facilities, a refugee school, and a shelter for human trafficking victims.
Part-time job with the possibility to turn into a Full-time Lead Artist position for the right person. Schedule to be determined. Classes will be held off-site.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and teach Visual Arts lessons for adults incarcerated in the Ca Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Discuss and demonstrate various artistic techniques of Painting and Drawing.
- 4 years minimum experience in teaching Visual Arts
- Experience working with at-risk and underserved members of our community
- Work well with public and staff – have a commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Have a current California Drivers license, valid auto insurance
- Be able to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives
- Be able to work independently, under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time-frames
- Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
- Must have the ability to recruit and retain students in your program.
- Job Offer is contingent on passing a background check, prison gate clearance, and TB Test
$25-50 per hour, DOE
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter and direct all questions to:
Janette Pyun, Executive Secretary
Muckenthaler Cultural Center
This list of job elements, responsibilities, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job; and management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: artist, arts, arts education, call for artists, teacher, and teaching. States: California.
Please Share the Arts Instructors job: