Artistic Producing Director
Artistic Producing Director
Reports to Board of Directors through President
All staff and volunteers
The Artistic Producing Director holds the top management position and is responsible for managing the human and financial resources of FRT in order to achieve the theatre’s mission. To that end, the Artistic Producing Director sets the artistic vision for the organization while being … responsible and accountable for all operational aspects of the organization and for implementing the policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Select a season of productions and presentations with associated appropriate budgets.
- Select directors, designers, technical, artistic personnel and partnership organizations adhering to the theatre’s mission, and staying within the established budget.
- Sets the timelines and expectations for each artistic partner to assure adherence to artistic standards.
- In programming and staffing decisions maintain commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and foster a safe and anti-racist environment.
Board of Directors
- Advise and prepare reports for the Board.
- Serve as a member of Board committees when requested.
- Attend all meetings of the Board and its Executive Committee.
- Assist Board nominating committee to identify and recruit qualified candidates for Board membership and assist with new member orientation.
- Assist and where appropriate, educate the Board in compliance with State and Federal laws related to being a 501(c) 3 corporation.
- Provide leadership, supervision and oversight of employees (currently includes part-time staff of: office administrator, box office staff, house manager) and independent contractors (technical director and most production staff).
- Within budget limitations, determine all staffing needs; recruit, hire, fire, promote, establish schedules, determine assignments, and provide mentoring and other support to staff.
- Oversee negotiation of agreements for all staff, including and not limited to directors, designers, managers, performers, administrative, technical and front of house personnel.
- Develop and implement plans for recruiting and utilizing volunteer resources.
- Determine all staffing needs; recruit, promote, establish schedules, determine assignments, and provide mentoring and other support to volunteers.
Fundraising and Development
- Develop and implement short and long-term fund-raising plans relating to individuals, businesses, foundations and government agencies; recommend strategies and write yearly plan for board approval.
- Assist and where appropriate, educate the Board in fund-raising activities, including annual fund drive, corporate sponsorships, grant writing, special events, endowment campaigns, planned giving program, and identification and cultivation of donors.
- Establish a system for acknowledgment of contributions as required by law; maintain accurate and complete records of financial contributions and other substantial support.
- Ensure effective communication with the theater’s constituencies: volunteer groups, other arts organizations, public agencies, government agencies, and the general public.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and will foster a safe and anti-racist environment for BIPOC audiences, board members, leaders, staff, volunteers and artists, understanding the need for harm prevention, reduction and relationship repair.
- Oversee management of all aspects of show production ensuring artistic quality controls.
Marketing and Promotion
- Oversee development and implementation of marketing plan for season subscription and individual ticket sales.
- Oversee development and implementation of public relations/media plan.
- Maintain general oversight of all financial matters of FRT.
- Develop, prepare and submit for Board of Directors approval annual operating budgets.
- Oversee development and implementation of necessary policies and procedures, including those relating to personnel, procurement, patron relations, and record maintenance.
- Recommend Personnel Policies for board approval; administer adopted policies.
- Evaluate all Staff on an annual basis, in accordance with Personnel Policies.
At Will, Exempt Employee
Relocation Reimbursement: up to $2000 available with submission of receipts for moving and relocation expenses.
To apply visit: www.ferndalerep.org/apdsearch/
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, human resources, management, and theatre. States: California.
Please Share the Artistic Producing Director job: