Dolby Chadwick Gallery in San Francisco seeks a highly motivated, experienced and detail-oriented Art Preparator to join our team.
This position is full-time.
Start Date: We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Availability: Full-time 4-5 days per week
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- At least two years of art handling experience in a gallery, museum or art handling company with excellent references
- Working knowledge of safe and proper art handling, packing & installation methods suitable to a wide range of media
- Computers skills (Mac platform)
- Capable of excelling in a high-paced work environment
- Basic carpentry skills including wall repair, painting and fitting pre-existing frames onto paintings
- Professional demeanor
- Must exhibit an ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Physically able to lift and safely move artworks of varied dimensions and weight with assistance
- Organizational skills
- Installing and De-installing artworks for exhibitions
- Safely handling artworks for client presentations
- Packing artworks safely for storage, shipping or off-site deliveries
- Moving artworks of various weights and dimensions throughout the gallery or to and from delivery trucks
- Working with the Registrar to Perform condition reports for artworks coming in and going out
- Helping to provide on-site supervision and care of all works of art
- Coordinating domestic & international shipping and keeping organized records
- Helping to maintain gallery schedule especially regarding shipments and deliveries
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of art handling, international and domestic shipping, and storage techniques
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Knowledge of and passion for fine art
- Team player – “can do” spirit
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you feel as though you are a good fit for this position please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Preparator via artjobs.artsearch.us” as the Subject Line.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, art handler, arts, exhibition, and gallery. States: California.
Please Share the Art Preparator job: