Part-Time Art Handler / Post Sale Coordinator
Part time job with full time potential.
We are a New York City, Gramercy Park art gallery specializing in postwar American prints and works on paper, now participating in five art fairs a year.
We are currently seeking apart time (potentially full time) post sale coordinator/art handler to facilitate the logistical operations of the gallery as well as during future art fairs.
Our ideal candidate must have at least three years prior experience in a New York area art gallery and should be well-versed in all aspects of gallery operations from installing to packing to shipping and client communication.
We seek someone who is self-motivated, will always follow through, who will work with minimal direction, will be able to prioritize tasks.
All gallery employees work as a team and in support of each other and it is important that our candidate be flexible and not above any of the daily maintenance tasks involved with the operation of a gallery.
Art Handler / Post Sale Coordinator
• Minimum of three years of art handling experience.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Proper handling of works on paper and knowledge of proper packaging for shipping artwork both domestically and internationally
• Computer literacy preferably with experience in the Adobe Creative Suite and experience with art databases such as Gallery Manager.
• Knowledge of shipping documentation including bills of lading, customs documentation, etc.
• Candidate must live within the NYC metro area.
• Must be physically able to lift heavy works of art.
• Ability to give extra time when needed, often beyond regular gallery hours primarily during art fairs occurring five times a year.
• Packing and shipping of all art works.
• Communicating with clients to relay shipping schedules, tracking info., etc.
• Storage of all works of art, mostly on-site in a multistory prewar townhouse
• Assisting with registration of incoming works.
• Physical maintenance of gallery.
• Ordering packing supplies as needed.
• Organizing shipping room and storage racks.
• Installation of works for display at the gallery and regular inventory display including hanging, lighting, leveling, cleaning and labeling.
• Traveling for art fairs outside of New York City such as to Art Basel Miami Beach and Art Basel in Switzerland.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and concise cover letter to: email@example.com
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: art handler, arts, coordinator, gallery, and sales. States: New York.
Please Share the Art Handler / Post Sale Coordinator job: