Full-Time Executive DIrector
The Flaherty is seeking an Executive Director to lead its New York City office.
Working closely with the Board of Trustees and Program Manager, the Executive Director will co-create the vision of the organization (including a new digital presence), raise operating funds, oversee its financial management and programs and manage its staff. The Executive Director position requires a unique skillset combining organizational and program development, relationship and coalition building, systems and personnel management, and fundraising and stakeholder cultivation to effectively produce and develop the annual Seminar and related activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the organizational strategic planning process, including grant writing, fundraising and partnership-building;
• Develop and oversee all organizational marketing, branding and outreach efforts;
• Oversee selection of and provide support for programmers of the annual Flaherty Seminar and biannual Flaherty NYC series in collaboration with the Board of Trustees;
• Supervise all arrangements for domestic and international Flaherty events, including but not limited to: advertising and press, outreach, registration, fellowship programs, guest travel, coordinating and contracting facilities, technical needs, booking and shipment of films/tapes;
• Represent the organization at media events and participate in professional activities that serve to raise the profile of the organization and its activities;
• Supervise the administrative operations of the organization, including management of physical assets and intellectual property;
• Coordinate and facilitate activities and meetings of the Board of Trustees and related committees.
- Minimum 5 years experience in non-profit management and leadership;
- Proven track record in fundraising and grant writing;
- Experience in film/media program development (or related fields);
- Staff management and supervision experience;
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail;
- Superior writing and communication skills;
- Experience and facility with design, branding, and social media a plus.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities and meetings of the Board of Trustees and related committees.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Full health benefits. This is a full-time position. The search committee will commence reviewing applications July 16, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.
The Flaherty is committed to a diverse workplace and is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and names + contact information for two professional references to:
Pooja Rangan, President of the Flaherty Board of Trustees: FlahertyEDsearch2018@gmail.com.
In your cover letter please mention your salary requirements, availability for interviews in New York and ability to move to New York for this position.
References may be contacted for letters when we begin our application review.
Please Share the Executive DIrector job: