Temporary Job Curator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Call for Curator Applications
Texas Women’s Caucus for Art “Women’s Art Fair”
The Grand Place Building, Fair Park
April 5th-9th, during Dallas Arts Week
Submission deadline: February 24
Background and Position Overview:
The Texas Women’s Caucus for Art is one of 33 chapters of the Women’s Caucus for Art, a leading non-profit national organization for women actively engaged in the visual arts professions that is an affiliated society of the College Art Association. The Texas WCA is a multidisciplinary, multicultural membership of artists, art historians, students, educators, museum professionals, gallerists, and other professionals in the visual arts. Our mission is to support and create more visibility for women working in the arts throughout Texas by providing them with opportunities for professional development, creating active channels of communication, acknowledging members’ accomplishments, and promoting social activism.
The Texas chapter of the WCA is seeking a curator for our upcoming exhibition/art fair in the Grand Place Building at Fair Park, April 5th-9th, during Dallas Arts Week. The exhibition is scheduled but must be fully developed, including creating a title and/or theme, selecting the art works, and laying out the show. The curator must attend the public opening of the exhibition the night of Wednesday, April 5th, as well as a panel discussion with the President of the organization and other local art professionals on April 6th. There will be opportunities to write about the show, and the possibility of interviews by local news organizations. You will report to the President of the chapter and will work closely with both the Executive Board and staff at Fair Park.
• Receive submissions from artists across the state and make selections for the show
• Curate a museum quality exhibition with complete autonomy
• Work with volunteers and artists to install the exhibition
• Participate in a public panel discussion
• Provide a private tour for local art collectors and writers
• Possibility to write an essay about the exhibition
• Collaborative work style
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• MA in Art History, Art Education, or equivalent experience preferred
• Must be available for 3 day installation April 3-5, opening the night of April 5, and panel discussion April 6.
This position is unpaid, but will provide amazing exposure as it will have extensive advertising by both the organization and Fair Park, and will receive a lot of press. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by February 24.
|• Job Title:||Curator|
|• Job Type:||Temporary Job|
|• Employer:||Texas Women’s Caucus for Art|
|• Location:||Dallas, Texas, United States|