Youth & Teen Program Coordinator
The Youth & Teen Program Coordinator reports to the Director of School Programming and works in close coordination with the Artistic Directors of the 2 teen companies, Dance Jam and Seeds.
The Youth & Teen Program Coordinator performs administrative duties for the ODC School Youth & Teen Program, executing the coordination and communication tasks required for the daily operations of the program, acting as a primary point of contact for Youth & Teen inquiries, and as Performance Coordinator and Manager of the Teen Companies, and School Productions.
The Youth & Teen Program Coordinator works as part of the ODC School Staff, composed of the School Director, the Director of School Programming, the School Operations Manager, and the School Administrative Associate.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for all Youth & Teen Program Inquiries – responds and follows up to answer all incoming communications.
- School Performance Coordinator/Manager for the following groups, events and productions:
- Dance Jam, Teen Contemporary Company
- Seeds, Teen Hip Hop Dance Company/Dance Lab
- December, and May Showcases, end-of-school session performances
- Step Onstage, performance class, preparing throughout the school year for culminating production
- Management includes scheduling, performance/production oversight, parent communiques, preparing and receiving teen company contracts, weekly check in meetings with each company, tracking attendance and email/text responsiveness, registration oversight for each company
- Other special performance programming
- Auditions & Placement Classes
- Registrar and main point of contact for student registration into Mindbody Online, including payment plans, with assistance from school staff at high volume times
- Assists School Administrative Associate in communication with parents/guardians, and the Making Moves outreach program and Next Steps, college counseling program.
- Coordinates the Youth & Teen Scholarship Program.
- Coordinates with ODC Operations Manager and Customer Relations Associates for collection of electronic documents/waivers for the Youth & Teen Program.
- Assists with Youth & Teen Program scheduling, including studio changes for classes, and preparation of the Daily Schedule.
- Assists with Youth & Teen faculty and accompanist communications.
- Supervises Youth/Teen Program student foot traffic between the Commons and Theater buildings.
- Tracks all subbing for School Operations Manager.
- Minimum 21 years of age and eligible to work in the US
- Based in proximity of the Bay Area to allow regular on-site work on the ODC campus (351 Shotwell Street and 3153 17th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant, administrative experience required
- Experience with Performance/Production
- Experience with youth and families, previous work in a school or community program is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with a full range of age groups and with people of all backgrounds and abilities in a dynamic, culturally diverse dance environment
- Fluent in G-suite,and Microsoft Office, including Excel. Experience with Asana, Slack, and CRM systems such as MindBody and PatronManager is a plus.
- To safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and clients ODC requires the following steps regarding Covid 19 vaccination– all employees must take all necessary steps to be fully vaccinated as defined by the city and county of San Francisco as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Compensation and Time Base
- This is an at-will, full-time, hourly position (eligible for overtime) with a time base of 40 hours per week. The required schedule for this role is a Sunday-Thursday workweek to support the School’s class schedule.
- This position is based on ODC’s San Francisco, CA campus and offices with arrangements for some flexibility for remote work.
- $26 – 28 per/hour DOE
- As a dance organization committed to physical well-being, ODC’s benefits package currently includes health coverage for full-time employees (vision and dental coverage are available at the employee’s cost), a retirement savings plan and a life insurance plan. The role earns and accrues two weeks paid vacation as well as sick leave. Additional benefits include pre-tax commuter deductions, access to tuition-free dance classes at ODC, complimentary tickets to select ODC performances, and a dynamic work environment.
- To apply for this position, please email your current resume and a cover letter to: HR@odc.dance
- Note, please reference “Youth & Teen Coordinator” in the subject line.
- ODC requires proof of vaccination for the members of our staff who wish to work in-person on campus.
At ODC we believe the vitality of life in the San Francisco Bay Area is contingent upon continued exposure to a variety of perspectives, beliefs, and wisdom. Our work at ODC is challenging and exciting. We attract people who are committed to dance and the arts and we are willing to work hard to engage our audiences and serve our communities. If you want to make a difference, challenge yourself and help us continue to innovate, we welcome your energy and talents. People of color and people with disabilities, of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: coordinator, dance, education, Modern Dance, school, and Youth. States: California.
Please Share the Youth & Teen Program Coordinator job: