Full-Time Workshop Strategist
All people need to feel included in their communities and a part of something greater than themselves. Many young artists of color do not see a place for themselves in the Canadian artistic landscape. Reelworld changes this. Our workshops, mentorship, and learning initiatives encourage youth and emerging artists of color and instill in them the confidence to feel proud of creating authentic stories and non-stereotypical characters.
We are seeking a creative aspiring community leader to join Reelworld as a workshop strategist. You will develop a 5-year plan to allow Reelworld to better serve emerging artists of color, as well as Indigenous and racially diverse youth in underserved communities. In this position, you will identify process improvement opportunities, provide planning support and implement projects, track and analyze program success and conflicts, and develop and create partnerships with unidentified community and arts organizations.
Job Duties & Strategize:
- Develop a 5-year plan to allow Reelworld to offer skill-building workshops that better serve emerging artists of color as well as Indigenous and racially diverse youth in underserved communities.
- Leverage Reelworld’s existing resources and identify and secure new partnerships to increase workshops, mentorship and learning opportunities for youth and artists.
Manage & Implement:
The workshop strategist will be responsible for all aspects and practical detail of the workshops:
- Liaise with community partners and established artists/teachers to deliver successful workshops.
- Coordinate and deliver the yearly programs: Manage the available budget for programs, Source and supply materials, Identify and book appropriate venues, Attend each event as either a teacher or as a support to the teacher as required.
- Design and produce event materials where relevant.
- Advertise and promote workshops, professional development programs, et al. to ensure full attendance.
- The creation and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system and evaluating and reporting progress in line with Reelworld objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in film/media/cinema studies, or related.
- Strong Canadian entertainment industry contacts and/or experience in working with film institutions.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about culture and entertainment as a tool to drive social change.
- Proficient in all Social Media platforms, Photoshop, MS office, G suite, Graphic Design, Image and Video Editing and possessed of the enthusiasm and ability to learn platform-specific best practices.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work during normal business hours and on evenings/weekends as required.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Reelworld is mandated to give BIPOC individuals more opportunity, please consider self-identifying.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: “Workshop Strategist”
Reelworld Film Festival
Founded by Tonya Williams in 2001, Reelword is the only groundbreaking initiative in Canada dedicated to creating more opportunities for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Canadian filmmakers, content creators and all talent, in front of and behind the screen.
Reelworld empowers people. And we know that supporting BIPOC is a valuable return on investment.
Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, artist, arts, Canada, design, entertainment, film, management, and media. States: >> Canada.
Please Share the Workshop Strategist job: