Responsible for costume construction and fitting. Full-Time Seasonal, January 2022 – November 2022.
Experience and Education:
Any Combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to: 2 years experience as a Cutter/Draper in a fully producing Costume Shop
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of: principles and practices of construction of stage costumes and period costume cutting.
- Experience with supervision of staff.
- Knowledge of fabrics and fibers, customarily used in costume construction.
- Ability to work with creative teams and performers using creative and artistic judgment in order to satisfy the artistic needs of the production.
- Ability to plan workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently; prioritize tasks; and exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with creative teams and performers, independently utilizing creative ability and artistic judgment while successfully interpreting costume designs for new productions and to maintaining the artistic integrity of previously mounted productions.
- Creates patterns for garments from costume designs by draping or flat patterning.
- Fits assigned costume pieces and supervise set-up and completion of alterations.
- Supervises the construction of new costumes.
- Manages and directs a team of Assistant Cutter and 2-5 Seamsters, planning work assignments to ensure that work assigned is completed in a timely manner, meeting all deadlines.
- Provides input for new costumes as to the materials for understructures, and suitability of fabric choices and interpretation of sketches.
E-mail required cover letter, job application, and résumé to email@example.com or fax to (415) 634-0203.
No phone calls please.
San Francisco Opera only retains résumés that are sent in response to specific, posted job openings.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERCOMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: costumes, music, opera, performing arts, and supervisor. States: California.
Please Share the Women’s Cutter/Draper job: