Full-Time Server and Network Administrator
The Whitney Museum seeks a Server and Network Administrator to join the Information Technology Department.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the position is responsible for managing our VMware, Exchange, and Citrix platforms.
The Server and Network Administrator’s critical role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the core server and remote access platforms that support the work of the museum staff, by maintaining VMware, Exchange, and Citrix in our onsite data center.
Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The position is typically onsite, but due to the pandemic, the role is currently a hybrid requiring some onsite work.
The Information Technology Department has responsibility for the infrastructure and end-user technologies of the organization, including servers, storage, networking, applications, phones, printers, telecom and internet circuits, data security,
Help Desk, and computers; and our relatively small size means that everyone gets the chance to work on many different projects and technologies.
Working together as a team, we support the end-user and the work of the Whitney Museum as a whole, which is a wonderfully collaborative environment with a genuine sense of the importance of our mission.
- Administration of three VMware ESXi 6.x hosts, including configuration, installation, and maintenance of seventy virtual servers, routine maintenance, patches, and software updates, maintaining VM backups and snapshots, and overall support of VMware environment
- Managing our on-premises Exchange 2016 server for 400 users, creating mailboxes, resources, public folders, and server-side rules, creating mail policies, implementing patches and updates, and monitoring database size and server status
- Administration and configuration of Citrix and NetScaler environment, deploying Citrix updates, fixes and general maintenance, deploying and updating applications on Citrix, and ensuring security for remote connectivity
- Works closely with the storage and network manager to maximize efficient use of resources
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years professional work experience and skills in network administration, Windows Server OS, VMware, Exchange 2016, Citrix NetScaler Gateway/Storefront/XenApp is required
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP), Citrix CCA-V, and/or CCP-V certification is highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Experience with migration to Microsoft 365, SharePoint, ATP, and Intune a plus
How to Apply
For more information on the Digital Content Manager position, and the application process, please visit the Museum’s website:
About the Whitney
The Whitney Museum of American Art, founded in 1930 by the artist and philanthropist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, houses the foremost collection of American art from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From her vision arose the Whitney Museum of American Art, which has been championing the most innovative art of the United States for 86 years. The core of the Whitney’s mission is to collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit American art of our time and serve a wide variety of audiences in celebration of the complexity and diversity of art and culture in the United States. Through this mission and a steadfast commitment to artists themselves, the Whitney has long been a powerful force in support of modern and contemporary art and continues to help define what is innovative and influential in American art today.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law. The Museum hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. The Museum encourages all qualified candidates to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, gallery, and museum. States: New York.
Please Share the Server and Network Administrator job: