Full-Time WCA Concert Hall & Performing Arts Coordinator
Primary duties include working with Performing Arts faculty to facilitate the programming and scheduling of the Whitney Center for the Arts Concert Hall, engaging the community in outreach, and promoting the performing arts in Sheridan County and the surrounding region. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, teaching at least one course each semester in Arts Administration and/or the Performing Arts, overseeing performing arts internships, and developing, coordinating, and executing WCA’s promotional outreach activities.
Supervise students and other College employees assigned to work on projects at WCA concert hall.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to organize and support Performing Arts events in the concert hall and other venues.
- Front and back-of-house supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with the technology associated with the operation of concert halls.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative fashion with faculty and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative fashion with other performing arts coordinators in the community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and management skills
- Master’s degree in Performing Arts (music, theater, dance, film/video studies) or Arts Management
- Experience working with a variety of community arts organizations
- Experience in using program scheduling and ticketing systems
- Demonstrated ability to utilize digital communication tools to promote programs and activities to specific audiences
- Experience in developing and managing an annual budget
- Experience teaching in a college setting preferred
- Experience working in an educational setting preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Maintain irregular and extended working hours.
- Physically demanding, including heavy lifting, climbing and balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching, extended periods of standing, sitting and walking; requires extensive use of hands
- Individual may be exposed to occasional minor potentially hazardous conditions
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.87% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Nine days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked “America’s Top Western Town” by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu
Initial Application Review Date: 2/22/2019
EOEJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts management, coordinator, music, and performing arts. States: Wyoming.
Please Share the WCA Concert Hall & Performing Arts Coordinator job: