Full-Time Warehouse Associate Art Handler
• Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor with MSP staff, clients, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for the overall Project; ensures strong communication is facilitated and deadlines are continually met.
• Assists in daily work orders (packaging and handling artwork) and installs for client viewing room appointments, stages outgoing artworks, anticipates incoming shipments by designating spaces in advance of deliveries, and assists with loading and unloading of trucks for shipments and field jobs.
• Moves stored objects in warehouse, maximizing spatial utilization while maintaining artwork safety
• Assists the Registration department with measuring and barcoding incoming artworks; condition reports artworks on an as-needed basis.
• Keeps warehouse consistently clean, useable, and client-ready, bringing a proactive approach; inventories and readies supplies for field teams; administers reuse and recycling policies.
• Prioritizes the safety of personnel and artworks, adhering to company operational guidelines at all times
• Assists in upkeep of warehouse equipment and systems including forklift and HVAC
• May require occasional field work including packing, delivery and installation of artworks in client’s homes, offices and galleries
• Attends weekly department meetings and performs other related duties as required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a museum, gallery or art shipping organization; demonstrated expertise in art handling techniques and storing practices.
• Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
• Works well independently and in a team; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Experienced operating warehouse equipment (VRCs, forklifts, walkie stackers, and pallet jacks)
• Valid drivers license.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs safely.
• Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems and software, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and Filemaker Pro; familiarity with G Suite and CRMs.
• BA in Visual Arts, Humanities, Art History or equivalent a plus.
Reports to Warehouse Manager
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Please email a single PDF that includes a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line:
WH_Art_Handler_LAST NAME to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, please. We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project Art Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art handler, arts, and exhibition. States: California.
Please Share the Warehouse Associate Art Handler job: